Great Lord Hector's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
http://dark-gaming.com/ban/6153

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Yes, and I am deeply sorry for that. I was feeling left behind in terms of items since it seemed all the other players were always one step ahead of me. I was feeling really bad since all I could do to catch up was either beg for items, wait for a reset (in the case of world generated items), or go fishing (which i absolutely loathe doing). Whenever i was needing a particular resource, it was either incredibly rare, or had all been taken by other players, such as chlorophyte being mined from the jungle before i could even go and mine it myself. I have utterly horrible patience, and I fully acknowledge that i was acting rashly taking advantage of that exploit.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Absolutely. I had failed to follow the rules properly, and even if I was feeling behind, I should have never used the exploit. It is completely my fault for being so impatient and acting on my feelings.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I really wish i could play survival again, it’s genuinely so fun and suddenly losing the ability to play it made my heart sink, and I have only myself to blame. I am very deeply sorry for my actions. (if you are concerned about how new this email address is, please understand that I dont want to involve my personal email here.)

2 Likes

This may be a little selfish of me to ask, but I’m hoping to be unbanned before the start of next run. If not, then i understand. Again, I’m very sorry.

1 Like

This is an incredibly common occurrence on a multiplayer survival server, and you broke the rules because of it. Your reasoning is that you were feeling behind, so, if there’s an average of 15 people online across the day, how high do you think your chances of feeling this way and breaking the rules again will be?

This can easily be summed up into you having horrible patience. Because of that, you loathe taking advantage of the features the game provides to you, or in other words, playing the game normally. If such a thing is enough for you to exploit, should I view you as someone I could safely allow back on the server?

On top of that, do you personally think you aren’t a variable for the long run? From my knowledge, you aren’t even someone who’s been around for a full reset yet, and you’re already here. You might be safe for a week or two, but how about after that? Do you think your patience can last that long?

3 Likes

To be honest, i know i will be feeling behind a lot. However, i should be expecting so due to the large amount of players playing. I completely acknowledge that even if that is true, breaking the rules to get ahead is utterly wrong, and i will never use that exploit ever again.

Yes. have been working on my patience lately, and i am sure i can handle grinding out items. I don’t loathe taking advantage of a game’s features, i just have problems with the more tedious ones like fishing, however, again, I’m working on my patience.

No, back when i wasn’t banned, when it is hardmode, which is the part of the game where i am best at, i was higher up on the leaderboard, just below the best players like Badass boy etc. etc., I think i would be able to contribute during bosses, though not at the tier of the better players. I forgot whether i have been on for a full cycle (amazing, bad patience AND bad memory), but you not seeing me around too often MIGHT be a byproduct of my timezone. i usually try to catch up by asking other players for any unused gear they have, then try and look for any resources i can mine/grind for. I may have have had bad patience, but i am at a point where i am very sure i can stop myself from using the exploit, whether i am behind or not.

Again, i am very sorry for my actions, and i really really hope i can play on the server again. :((

Can you read over, and copy and paste the rule(s) you have broken from here?

2 Likes

I broke the following, though i may have missed some:

1 Like

This appeal has been accepted, and your ban has been lifted.
Note that if there does happen to be future violations of this rule, a second appeal will not be considered.

3 Likes