Glasia AMA πŸ‘¨πŸΏβ€πŸ¦±

nah bro this stuff scares me

6 Likes

Please say this sentence in ROT13, backwards, and changing all a’s to e’s, e->i, i->o o->u u->a

5 Likes

=> rz frinpf sshgf fvag biu ane

This becomes just nonsense

5 Likes

{P(-2,1)} \ \ \text{lies on the circle} \ \ {x^2+y^2-8x-6y-15=0} \\ \text{Find the equation of the tangent to the circle at} \ P

(x-x_1)^2+(y-y_1)^2=r^2

(x^2-8x+(16))+(y^2-6y+(9))-15=(16)+(9) \\ (x-4)^2+(y-3)^2=40

(y-3)^2=40-(x-4)^2 \\ y-3=\pm\sqrt{40-(x-4)^2} \\ y=3\pm\sqrt{40-(x-4)^2}

y=3+\sqrt{40-((-2)-4)^2} \longrightarrow y=5\neq1 \\ y=3-\sqrt{40-((-2)-4)^2} \longrightarrow y=1

\frac{dy}{dx}=\frac{d}{dx}(3-\sqrt{40-(x-4)^2}) \\ \frac{dy}{dx}=-\frac{d}{dx}(40-(x-4)^2)^\frac{1}{2}\\ \frac{dy}{dx}=-[-2(x-4)][\frac{1}{2}(40-(x-4)^2)^{-\frac{1}{2}}] \\ \frac{dy}{dx}=\frac{x-4}{\sqrt{40-(x-4)^2}}

\frac{dy}{dx}=\frac{(-2)-4}{\sqrt{40-((-2)-4)^2}}=-3

y-y_1=m(x-x_1)

y-(1)=(-3)(x-(-2))\\ y=-3x-5

Converted to LaTeX format with no explanations because I simply wanted to format it.

6 Likes

How do you enter LaTeX text on the forum?
\infty
i := \sqrt{-1}

4 Likes

have you tried other terraria servers besides DG? if so, don’t mention by name, but give your thoughts on them

4 Likes

Yes, they were also good. Some even supported shimmer.

4 Likes

In any Discourse-based forum, you can display the LaTeX format by putting $ before and after the chunk of text you want to format.

For example:

$
\Delta x=v_i t+\frac{1}{2}at^2
$

converts to

\Delta x=v_i t+\frac{1}{2}at^2

4 Likes

\displaystyle{\displaylines{3x+4=22}}
LaTeX test

3 Likes

\frac{x ^2 +2x + 1}{2} =5x+2
my test that i did not know exist

3 Likes

I do not want my AMA to devolve into a LaTeX test thread.

3 Likes

ok we will stop :slight_smile:
no more \frac{of}{this+stuff}

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Math/Physics help with super complicated problem

Ask a question about me.

2 Likes

Who is β€œme”?

3 Likes

Do you know any other languages other than German and English? which one is your first language you learned?

3 Likes

I learnt German and Russian at the same time as first languages but I know German better. I know German, Russian, English, French, Latin, Spanish and Ukrainan.

3 Likes

You speak all of them well? Are you planning on being like a translator or something?

3 Likes

do you make mistakes on languages

2 Likes