Gladius Buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Gladius

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Damage buffed from 15 to 71
Maximum damage buffed from none to 117 (or keep it at none)
Minimum damage buffed from none to 20

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
These stats may sound slightly familiar and that’s because they are the Breaker Blade stats but toned down by 20 damage I really would like to see this change because obviously, it’s a Gladius a legendary sword of many movies, shows, and legends.

[Anything else you would like to note]
This was recommended to me by @Solowing_Pixy

My other reason is that being a Gladius it also is a historic weapon that deserves some recognition as a PvP weapon for it’s use as a signature weapon for gladiator combat back during the time of Ancient Rome.

I settled on lowered Breaker Blade stats so it wouldn’t be as powerful as say a copper short sword but it would still be viable enough for PvP.

6 Likes

this is simply brilliant. This must be inspired by some higher power, for nothing this extraordinary could possibly come from man. (if you figure out this reference i will eat my hat)

5 Likes

Either from Monty Python, He-Man, or the Bible.
I can’t pinpoint the quote exactly but it does seem oddly familiar to me.

5 Likes

Isn’t the breaker blade low damage because the weapon itself is so big? Chlorophyte Claymore deals a few more damage because the sword is smaller. The gladius is a really small sword, so the damage should be a little higher.

4 Likes

Butcher’s Chainsaw already exists.

6 Likes

it’s a lot faster though, breaker and claymore are both relatively slow

5 Likes

the breaker blade and claymore can hit multiple times at once (in one hit)

6 Likes

Yeah but having to deal with the server freaking out about you accidentally using it on a tree is kinda annoying that’s why I have never really liked using it and besides this could be a higher skill ceiling weapon due to its small hitbox.

4 Likes

Basically in same vein as copper short sword a high risk high reward weapon

4 Likes

copper shortsword deals more damage and about same speed

4 Likes

It would still be nice to see some kind of buff to it since it’s basically useless right now

4 Likes

The reason I made it do less damage than the copper short sword is because the copper short sword is a meme weapon and it basically always has been I just wanted to see gladius get buffed so it can atleast be atleast somewhat viable and at the same time receive some recognition for it’s historical importance, and impact on the real world.

4 Likes

it’s actually from Shakespeare’s Macbeth, though I can definitely imagine that in monty python.

4 Likes

Ah I’ve never read Macbeth

5 Likes