Gi Rework - Decreased Damage, Increased Defense

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Gi image

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Change its stats to be a more offense oriented option in the current meta thanks to its bonus melee speed.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
I think that more potential build crafting could arise with Gi being altered for more defense and lower damage because some good melee speed is put into the chest piece slot as opposed to the leg or helm slots. Currently, much of the melee speed from armor seen in hybrid kits mainly come from the leg slot, but by changing Gi, it can take away from some of that hybrid damage/melee speed monopoly in the leg slot, and can instead open up more variety as a result (hopefully without creating too much of a monopoly on its own). For build crafting as well at this very moment, mobile players lose out on Molten Greaves’ 7% melee speed for melee and mage purposes, but more importantly Crystal Assassin Pants’ 10% melee speed for general hybrid purposes, so I think that changing Gi to still offer a 10% melee speed option with some decent damage and defense in a hybrid kit given how strong and popular Crystal Assassin Pants are with the melee speed bonus in hybrid kits for PC players.

[Anything else you would like to note]
There’s not a lot of chest pieces that have melee speed in the entire game, and out of all of them, the only ones worth talking about in the context of Dark Gaming PvP are Beetle Scale Mail for its high overall melee bonuses, Shinobi Infiltrator’s Torso because of its obnoxiously high 20% melee speed increase despite bringing nothing else noteworthy to the table, and Gi because it’s modified at all. The only other 2 chest pieces with melee speed are the Shadow and Ancient Shadow chest pieces, which currently aren’t modified to be viable. Gi currently serves a glass cannon purpose, which can certainly work at times, but with higher defense hybrid kits with spiky damage stat splits coming into the picture more now, it just tends to fall to the side. For a specific general proposal on the rework, increase Gi’s defense to maybe 33, with all its damage being lowered to maybe 5%, to be able to fill a more aggressive role in the same armor slot as Chlorophyte and Hallowed Plate Mails thanks to Gi having melee speed (with the Plate Mails not).

I like this, personally, I’d probably make the change very minor. Like, knock down gi’s damage to 10% damage, and give it about 24 defense total. I personally like it being in the glass cannon spot its at currently, but I think its defense it too low to make it work on any kit that has decent damage on it.

4 Likes