Fragments as Instanced Items (Similar to Treasure Bags)

I feel offended, like this is targeting me, I have given you 100+ frags, there was a moon lord fight going on so I kept on dying, I didn’t want anyone else to leach the frags so I had to wait, in the end, you still obtained 100+ fragments, I have no more fragments in my inventory, I gave them all away, you could ask and I would of gave you, I obtained the fragments because I was near the solar pillar because I was fighting it, I was killing the solar pillar, I shared them in the end, however, I do agree about your point of making pillar “treasure bags” I think it is a good idea overall.

5 Likes

I asked you for fragments hoping that the tank would log on. He didn’t.

This is targeting people in general who take all the fragments and don’t give it away, or try to trade/sell them. We asked you many times but you still didnt give us the solar fragments we needed at the time, you even had so many chances to do it during the Moon Lord fight. Also, two other people decided they will sell the vortex fragments they had, and as a result we never beat Moon Lord that run.

I appreciate that you did try after that, but by that point it was way too late. Not only that, you didn’t listen to me at all when I said ‘Keep 45, give the rest away’ because instead you decided to only give me 45, enough for the tank’s armor but not any boss summons at all.

6 Likes

The tank never logged on after, I did not have chances to give you the solar fragments during the moon lord fight, I was afraid other people would leach and I kept on dying, I don’t have crew, so I can’t throw items,

I gave you 105

Also, thanks for the molten pickaxe

6 Likes

What hasn’t been discussed in any detail is whether or not a pillar loot bag is even possible to code in. If not, then none of this discussion really matters.

That being said I agree that a pillar loot bag would be the best solution. I’m not sure how many fragments drop from a pillar on DG, but according to the wiki it’s 24-100 on expert. Too many times I’ve seen one person swoop in with an item magnet as soon as the pillar is down and take all or nearly all of them. If a loot bag dropped with say 10 fragments, it would far more evenly distribute them to all participants, and encourage cooperation on the other pillars since the Ancient Manipulators at spawn crafting areas can convert one type to any other 1:1. So on the first run-through of the pillars, which is typically brutal even for well geared players, no one would get more than 40 assuming they could at least do some damage to each unshielded pillar, and in any case no one gets armor until Lumnite is also gotten from ML.

Two pillar bags would be enough for an endgame weapon of choice, which would drastically increase the chances of participants actually taking down ML. That to me is much more balanced than one or more selfish individuals hoarding most if not all of the fragments. As it is, there’s far too much competition and greed to give everyone a fair shot at upgrades for ML. Typically the tanks claim divine right to the best gear and reduce everyone else to begging.

6 Likes

Pillar loot bags and any new items are just impossible to code in, that’s why they’ve been avoided entirely. The suggestion will make them act like loot bags(everyone can pick them up) but not create loot bags itself

6 Likes

Right on, that would work too… but I don’t think it should be the full 24-100, that would be way to much if everyone is getting them

7 Likes

Bumping cuz @popstarfreas said something about it

6 Likes

Confirmed to not be happening by @Legolas#1 in chat the other day

5 Likes

Well if you are like some insane people like myself you kill the Moon Lord with a Broken Copper Short Sword lmao

4 Likes

The stats may be buffed from vanilla but I’m sure someone crazy enough to do it can and will do it eventually on the server

4 Likes

Now try with a broken wooden hammer

3 Likes

I might do that if I get bored lmao

4 Likes