For a bit more fun, make Angler fishing quests different between players?

(its often extremely hard to find someone who has cellphone materials or is willing to trade them away)
Theres no reason for the server to change so that the majority has to suffer and do something they dont want just because a few people like a challenge, which they could easily find a challenge for themselves to do.

4 Likes

Exactly (although a few people including me do occasionally get extra fish finder materials that we’re willing to give away…)

Not that it needs to be harder, it’s that its somewhat too easy.

(Note that I’m fine with this suggeston not getting implemented, it’s ok)

4 Likes

If all goes well, you might be able to make the opposite happen.

The first day, everyone might not have the same fishes, but you should incentivize hoarding.

The next day, it is very likely someone gets a quest someone got yesterday. This essentially creates a market for quest fishes

that’s my thought on it

5 Likes

You’re right. Now that I think more about it, on the first days there will also be many fishing lakes built, and some people might hoard too. This would make it both easier and funner, since you could use the many fishing spots already built or try to trade for fish. Changed my mind, i vote for this.

4 Likes

Besides this, what other option are there?

Is it possible to make the Angler assign a specified quest fish one after another in a cycle?

This is besides the main point of this Suggestion, but is it possible to remove the daily cooldown between each Angler quest?

5 Likes

@Invisi
I was under the assumption that quest fish will be assigned randomly, each with the same probability of being assigned. Now that I know there are other options than this, I’m more receptive to the general Suggestion to make fishing quests different between players.

I’ve already constructed counterarguments against your points, however, I don’t think they’re appropriate or relevant anymore - so I’ll withhold them.

I rarely play Terraria nowadays. I’ve had many different interests and feel like playing the game is a commitment - especially Survival. Nevertheless, I’ve still played Survival for a really long time; and even though I’ve not played it in almost a year, I’m still very familiar with it.

Perhaps I have too much time to waste if I’m making these lengthily posts about a gamemode I rarely play anymore.

Also, quotes and formatting may constitute more than half the length of the posts made by me.

5 Likes

Havent checked into that but that might involve never “completing” quests

5 Likes

In that case, would you still get the reward items including the ones that are supposed to be guaranteed (Golden Fishing Rod, Fuzzy Carrot, etc)?

5 Likes

Yea you would, but you would uncomplete it immediately after to achieve it

5 Likes