Flamethrower nerf

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Flamethrower

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Small base damage nerf

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
It’s just a little too strong on kits that provide no ranged damage buffs. It’s currently very strong on any kit regardless of the ranged damage it provides, doing comparable damage to phatchet on a solar armour kit, or a hybrid kit optimized for melee (20 - 22% melee damage and about 20% melee speed give or take)

[Anything else you would like to note]
Keep in mind that the flames on flamethrower linger particularly long, so slime bouncing with it can leave a trail of hard to spot particles that deal high damage, and I don’t particularly think any player wants to deal with that in a duel or FFA setting since it’s lingering hitbox is powerful and somewhat ambiguous at times.

This is just fake, Flamethrower in a Solar Flare kit does around 25 dmg which is blatantly worse than Possessed Hatchet, Bubble Gun and others, in a hybrid kit it deals around 32 dmg which still is worse than Possessed Hatchet’s nearly double damage

6 Likes

It is worth noting that the flamethrowers hit much faster, but yes

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say much faster, since Possessed Hatchet still hits pretty fast, I would say flamethrower hits significantly faster but just not enough

5 Likes