Faction Abilities

This is a new thread for the PvP Abilities. I am going to go into more detail about the abilities themselves, and where we are headed with this. I would also like to note that Seeker is not an Ability. The goal of Seeker is to be a valuable teammate, and therefore it would not be valid to put this as an ability, because it would effectively double a team in size and strength. Their health and damage is modified to create this effect but they are not finished.

The Dark Precursors

The renegades of the Precursors; they are the harshest of their species. A Faction which shows no mercy or remorse and is willing to go to great lengths to achieve their goal. They are technologically advanced and without their armor and enhancements they are weak.
Abilities:

Sentry

Spawns an Auto-Turret, that will aim and shoot at nearby Enemies. Good for area control and defence; Bad for progressive offence.

Guardian

Spawns an Autonomous Drone that will follow you around, and shoot nearby enemies. Good for offence; Bad for defence.

Timewarp

A new technology has allowed Combat Troops to teleport to positions they have recently been at. Good for aggressive and tactical play; Bad for defence.

Curse

A new parasite was discovered that will tear tissue relatively quickly. Good for medium-long range engagements; Bad for close-range engagements.

Cannon

The CU-52 is fitted with 2 explosive cannon balls and a shard. Good for artillery or rangers last-resort defence; Bad for close range engagements.

Repair

The latest Nano-Bot Technology is now available for the low-low price of $50,000! (onlyworkswhilenotgettingshot,batteriesnotincluded)

Shield

A new high-tech energy-based shield has been developed for combat. Protects from projectiles of medium-long range, short-range projectiles are not guaranteed to be vaporised.

The Genetic Rebellion

After a harsh period of slave labour and drug testing, the human labourers of the Dark Precursors had evolved. A Faction seeking freedom and the contingency of their salvation. They have little technology but are naturally strong.
Abilities:

Cripple

An attack will hound the target with poisons and acids, slowing and hurting the target. Good for catching runners or slowing chasers.

Regenerate

Modified stem-cells are produced by your body to quickly heal wounds. Good for recuperating after engagements; Bad for close-range engagements.

Tank

A temporary hardening and morphing of the outer skin layer allowing mitigation of attacks. Good for close-combat; Bad for Long-Range engagements.

Berserk

A temporary metabolic improvement allows harsher attacks. Good for all engagements.

Leech

A new rage allows some rebels to steal the cells of others to keep themselves alive, but if they do not, the virus takes over and kills them.

Enrage

Parts of your body start to mutate, and FLY off! AAAAh!

The current list of Abilities is not final. The GR has 1 less than the Dark Precursors at this time. Wish has been renamed to Regenerate (not in effect in-game yet). This list does not include any unique abilities.

All of these Abilities will come into Public PvP. When Factions are established, XP gained will benefit the players Faction, deaths and damage received will have a negative effect on a players Faction and therefore teaming with other Faction members may benefit players.

Currently, for testing purposes, all of these Abilities are available to anyone with permission. This is not how it will work when it is released. You will pick one ability that is available to your faction, and you will upgrade that ability.

1 Like

The Genetic Rebellion! Follow me! Together we will overcome this evil and free the land from these mechanical monsters.

1 Like

A68 With the Power of Technology we Will overthrow you!!! fear our mechs

1 Like

I wonder where the Cobalt Rebellion went…

1 Like

Cobalt?

1 Like

Yes, it was founded by Connor. I used to be a part of it.

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re talking about it here though, because it is not a Faction.

1 Like

Updated List.

1 Like

Uh is Enrage basically a suicide bind???

LEECH! Yesh :smiley:

1 Like

#thegeneticrebellion :smiley:

1 Like

Well, since no one wants to join the The Dark Precursors, I guess I will be a mechanical, mindless bot for them. Kill the TRAITORS!

1 Like

An update on how the Faction War starts out for people.

Firstly, and most importantly a reset of your level, XP, DP and Cred will be required (anyone who has donated and reset can get their Credits back by PM’ing me). This is to ensure that everyone starts equally, as DP will have a higher significance in the Faction War.

Secondly, the DPR has an unfair advantage to begin with. It starts with most of the map, and thus it has a higher Faction Bonus (meaning more XP and DP). Faction Bonus is based on Map Control, so as time goes on, GR should gain on this Bonus. The GR will also having some Rarities locked out in the beginning, and will gain the ability to use these as they take Map Control. At some point, the DPR will also introduce Defenders. These are PvP Bots that will spawn when you enter their Territory, and will fire non-player projectiles to attack you. The GR will also at some point, unlock these too.

Lastly, Factions are not required. If you do not want to reset you do not have to. This is only required to join a Faction. Note that there will be Faction-only items including Cmd and Colors. If you are not in a Faction, you will be locked out of using certain high rarity items.

1 Like

errrg, i wanna join The Dark Precursors because those abilities seem amazing, however, most of the great pvp people want the Genetic Rebellion, so far i count 4 GR and 2 DP, Rofle you should make a poll or something to show who joins which.

new count: 7 GR and 3 DP, not well for DP

1 Like

Doesn’t matter much. Sides are balanced even if it was 2 v 100, as contribution is based on total count.

1 Like

Well at least that makes up for it then.

1 Like

I would like a roster as well, as I’m getting a little confused as to who’s on what side.

1 Like

The Dark Precursors! Follow me! Together we will overcome this evil and free the land from these mechanical monsters.
hahaha

1 Like

The Dark Precursors ARE, actually, the “mechanical monsters”

1 Like

Yes, I know…
I was just “paraphrasing”

1 Like

Will it ever be possible to get a more in depth explanation on the abilities? Such as: does tank add defense or damage absorption, and what number/percentage? Or how long does Berserk last? I’d just like to know, it would make picking an ability much easier as I could compare them all and pick the one that would most suite my style of PvP/fix flaws with my loadout and style of PvP.

1 Like