Dungeon Rushing in survival

What is dungeon rushing? When is Dungeon Rushing bannable? Is it going under y=0 before skeletron is dead to lure away the dungeon guardians? This may be important for everyone to see.

5 Likes

example:
Anarchy in survival - WTF - #5 by Tejdxa

5 Likes

@GlasiaVD23 Dungeon Rushing is going into the dungeon below where Dungeon Guardians spawn before Skeletron is defeated.
This is considered an exploit, and under most circumstances, this is bannable. However, some items are allowed to be gained this way as per previous staff instruction. These are:

• Water Candles
  • Alchemy Tables
  • Bewitching Tables
  • Any blocks or furniture exclusive to the Dungeon (as you can mine dungeon bricks above y = 0 and in the center of the world with a Copper pickaxe. Legolas has also said that it was OK to get those as “it did not interfere with progression”
  • If you find a wood chest then the Bone Grinder is allowed 9although it is useless before Skeletron)

However, this is what is not allowed:

• Any Weapons (Muramasa, Water Bolt, Blue Moon, Hangun, etc)
  • Gold Keys (Sometimes staff said it was OK, sometimes not, you may want to contact Legolas or Eerie about this)
  • Shadow Key Weapon Loot (Sunfury, Dark Lance, Hellwing Bow, Meteorite before Eow/Boc (unless a Gold Chest is low enough to generate these loots, but that has only been the case like once in the past few months by myself and someone else, and staff said it was allowed since we didn’t get it from Shadow Chest loot)
  • Using /tp to tp to players as they die (just use hoiks and a bed)
  • I do not know if the Treasure Magnet is banned, you may want to ask Legolas that (it probably is, but might not because it is useful in some cases)

With the drunk seed, the first two on the banned list is allowed, however, Shadow Chest loot is still banned (this is what Legolas and other staff/moderators said) due to it being “too OP”.

5 Likes

That may not be accurate information. Alchemy and bewitching tables should not be allowed, as they give an advantage meant to be unlocked after defeating skeletron. It really does not help that each staff member has a different opinion, and therefore enforces things different.

8 Likes

Should I update and move the Bewitching table and the Alchemy Table to the “banned” list? It feels like maybe staff could work on what is and is not acceptable in terms of dungeon rushing privately and inform the public under the “news” category, and also maybe get community involvement via a poll

5 Likes

I would imagine that this falls under shadow chest loot and since you are not allowed golden or shadow keys i would just avoid it personally

6 Likes