Discord Role that pings players when a boss is summoned?

Not sure if it’s really possible (though it might be), but some way to be automatically notified on Discord whenever a boss or event is summoned in Survival would be really nice.

If possible, we would have to find a way to connect an action in Terraria with an Action in Discord. Maybe a character that AFKs in Survival to collect info on when a boss or event comes in the same way that there is a player AFKing at the ML arena in PVE at all times.

7 Likes

Or it could also be imbedded into the system. There was an old Minecraft Bedrock Edition server that I used to play a few years ago, that had a discord bot that relayed everything in the in-game chat into a Discord channel, and vice-versa, just like this server’s Phase.

7 Likes

This should be possible. I’ve seen Discord servers that have channels dedicated to showing everything that in Terraria chat including player messages, event messages, and boss summoning messages.

9 Likes

worth my vote and my entire 20 hours day of waiting to spawn a mech boss

8 Likes

There must be something that triggers when the boss summon message comes up, especially since Rofle/dev team was able to edit it (like the “Madofado has summoned the Empress of Light!” message). When that happens, then it could just be noted in a bot and then pings everyone with a role? I think this is possible, but I wouldn’t know exactly how it’s done. Making a discord bot is fairly complicated.

8 Likes

It seems like killing a boss triggers something, so maybe that trigger could be used to trigger a Discord bot, but Discord bots are probably limited

8 Likes

It is almost definitely possible to do this. One way i can think if is: the server listens for a “_ has summoned _” message, when that happens it sends a signal to the bot containing the name of the boss and player, and the bot sends a message in the discord channel with that information.

6 Likes

theres just gonna be that one dude who summons 30 EOC’s in hardmode

6 Likes

hmm yeah, maybe make it so that when the boss is really weak it wont notify people

6 Likes

there should be a mechanism that after the boss get killed once, it dosnt ping again, like, a save data of which boss is aleardy dead

6 Likes

What if they do ml, then they craft a sigil to summon another?

6 Likes

I think we should do like a system where u only get pinged for certain bosses (ml ping, eoc ping, eow ping etc.) and u can remove the pings when u get endgame

6 Likes

and make an channel to get the pings to it dosnt get spammed

6 Likes

yes called boss pings or something

6 Likes

Bit of a dead topic, but if you’re looking for a bot that pings a role for every boss summon(this cannot choose specific ones) and world events in survival, the TCR(terraria chat relay) plugin can accomplish this fairly easily

As per usual though, I have no idea how this interacts with a multi-chat/multi-dimensional server. I’m not sure how much of a chat relay Rofle wants on the discord considering DG has phase, albeit you’re able to prevent any other chat messages from being sent via the relay in the configs.

5 Likes

I unironically thought this wasn’t sent 2 years ago but 7 months ago. I think “a bit of a dead post” was an understatement…

edit: it’s a year and a half not two years, discourse is trolling

5 Likes