Discord Role that pings players when a boss is summoned?

Not sure if it’s really possible (though it might be), but some way to be automatically notified on Discord whenever a boss or event is summoned in Survival would be really nice.

If possible, we would have to find a way to connect an action in Terraria with an Action in Discord. Maybe a character that AFKs in Survival to collect info on when a boss or event comes in the same way that there is a player AFKing at the ML arena in PVE at all times.

8 Likes

Or it could also be imbedded into the system. There was an old Minecraft Bedrock Edition server that I used to play a few years ago, that had a discord bot that relayed everything in the in-game chat into a Discord channel, and vice-versa, just like this server’s Phase.

8 Likes

This should be possible. I’ve seen Discord servers that have channels dedicated to showing everything that in Terraria chat including player messages, event messages, and boss summoning messages.

10 Likes

worth my vote and my entire 20 hours day of waiting to spawn a mech boss

9 Likes

There must be something that triggers when the boss summon message comes up, especially since Rofle/dev team was able to edit it (like the “Madofado has summoned the Empress of Light!” message). When that happens, then it could just be noted in a bot and then pings everyone with a role? I think this is possible, but I wouldn’t know exactly how it’s done. Making a discord bot is fairly complicated.

9 Likes

It seems like killing a boss triggers something, so maybe that trigger could be used to trigger a Discord bot, but Discord bots are probably limited

9 Likes

It is almost definitely possible to do this. One way i can think if is: the server listens for a “_ has summoned _” message, when that happens it sends a signal to the bot containing the name of the boss and player, and the bot sends a message in the discord channel with that information.

7 Likes

theres just gonna be that one dude who summons 30 EOC’s in hardmode

7 Likes

hmm yeah, maybe make it so that when the boss is really weak it wont notify people

7 Likes

there should be a mechanism that after the boss get killed once, it dosnt ping again, like, a save data of which boss is aleardy dead

7 Likes

What if they do ml, then they craft a sigil to summon another?

7 Likes

I think we should do like a system where u only get pinged for certain bosses (ml ping, eoc ping, eow ping etc.) and u can remove the pings when u get endgame

7 Likes

and make an channel to get the pings to it dosnt get spammed

7 Likes

yes called boss pings or something

7 Likes

Bit of a dead topic, but if you’re looking for a bot that pings a role for every boss summon(this cannot choose specific ones) and world events in survival, the TCR(terraria chat relay) plugin can accomplish this fairly easily

As per usual though, I have no idea how this interacts with a multi-chat/multi-dimensional server. I’m not sure how much of a chat relay Rofle wants on the discord considering DG has phase, albeit you’re able to prevent any other chat messages from being sent via the relay in the configs.

5 Likes

I unironically thought this wasn’t sent 2 years ago but 7 months ago. I think “a bit of a dead post” was an understatement…

edit: it’s a year and a half not two years, discourse is trolling

5 Likes