Disabled /password syntax

I’ve been told recently that the “/login (username) (password)” syntax has been disabled, but i’m not sure why. Can someone explain if it caused any problems or something?

4 Likes

What do you mean disabled? What are you trying to do?

5 Likes

Just found this forum turns words inside <> invisible lol.

I am trying to log into my “ray x x” account with a different username, so I use /login “ray x x” {my password} and it tells me that my account isn’t registered, but if I go onto the server with the name “ray x x” it automatically logs me in.

4 Likes

This is the so called UUID login (cf Account Management Guide).

3 Likes

You can only use the name you registered when you want to be logged-in, since that’s the only one you have ownership of.

5 Likes

So i’m logging in to another device (another character) and I have both my account name and password, so how come it doesn’t work?

4 Likes

But surely I should be able to /login username password to log into my account right? It does say that’s an option when telling me to log in.

4 Likes

No /login username password doesn’t work, if you write that it just considers username password to be your password you’re trying to use to login.

5 Likes

Enter the server with the exact same character name and enter /login password

3 Likes

So if I put /login “ray x x” (password) it should work right?

4 Likes

But the point is that I want to log in with a different character name, that’s why I made this forum

4 Likes

You cannot login with another character name as the account name is different.

3 Likes

Then what is the point of /login (“username”) (password) ?

4 Likes

Also just discovered that the /rename command just doesn’t work outside of the rift, thought that would be a problem solver but nah.

4 Likes

that syntax is disabled iirc. because of problems with spaces, " , <>

3 Likes

Where does it say /login username password?

5 Likes

I remember seeing it somewhere when I did the syntax wrong

4 Likes

I don’t believe you’re able to use /login username password to login with a character except the name of your base account’s character. You can’t log in to your account with multiple names anymore.

2 Likes

Afaict, this used to be possible in the past, and it’s still possible on all major TShock-based servers.

I don’t recall why it was disabled but I have two leading theories:

• Nick system
  • Impersonation problems
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.