[Denied] [Helper Application] - Lilian

I made a couple additions to the answers as I found necessary.

[Q1] What is your in-game name?

My in-game name is Lilian.

[Q2] How often are you on the server?

I am, and will be, on the server as frequently as possible. This gets a little bit wonky… During most week-days, between 7:45 and 3:30, I should be on for about four to five hours, in varying amounts of time per visit (I will be on and off for that time.) After that, from 6:00 and onwards, I should normally able to stay on consistently from 6:00 to 10:00. On weekends, with work, my time will vary, but about 6 to 10 hours per weekend should be considered the normal amount.

I’ve returned to the server, and once again, I’m hooked on it. This means that, in all likelihood, I’ll be on at the minimum two hours per day. It will be pretty close to the amount I was on during my first run as Helper.

[Q3] Why do you want to be a Helper?

I would like to be a Helper for a variety of reasons. I’ll list, and explain them, in no intended order. First, I just enjoy helping people in general. You could look at my total served community service hours- but a better example is that I run a non-profit organization that helps pay for hospital bills that could not otherwise be paid. Making people happy is what makes me the happiest. Secondly, I know what it’s like to be one of the new players. I was just like that- we all are, in every game we play, at some point. I never had people offering help and advice. I had only myself and the wiki to help me out, and it’s just not the same as having somebody personally help you. It’d be good to know that I was able to do that for people, and for it to be recognized that I do. Next, this server is incredible. There are a couple main facets to this. The community here is amazing. Compared to most servers- and groups of people in general- the members and staff here are incredibly kind and helpful. I consider myself lucky to be here among you. When a group such as this comes along, I’d like to help out as much as possible. I believe that all my experiences- leading a non-profit as well as a software company, serving as moderators and admins for various games, and others- can accumulate into one very helpful Helper.

My run as a Helper and Helper Manager was exactly what I had hoped it would be. All of the above reasons proved true, and the things I was looking for in the position, were all present. I’d love to come back on the team, especially not that I see that not too many of the old staff (or new staff, for that matter) are very active. It’d be nice to be able to help out just as much as I did in the past.

[Q4] Will you prioritize helping others and answering questions over other things?

To be blunt, yes, I will. There are four things that I have done to this server- build, PvP, fight bosses to level up to collect things in my inventory, and help/talk to people. As of late, that’s been increasingly turning into just PvP and helping people. It won’t take much out of me to put helping people as a priority, as it’s what I’ve done all my life. Putting aside PvP, building- whatever I’m doing, won’t be an issue.

[Q5] Do you think you have sufficient knowledge to answer many questions that are put to you?

I do believe I have sufficient knowledge to answer any question that may come my way. There is a positive side to having to depend on myself and the wiki as guidance. I have learned most of everything there is to Terraria, I’d be surprised if a question on it could be posed to me. I’m also experienced with TShock, so I’m covered on that side. Finally, it’s never an issue for me to tell people where they can find an item, or the boss arena- i.e. Somebody asks “Where are the potions?” Nine times out of ten, I know the chest location in the store. I’d say “Third row up from the bottom, the fourth chest on the right.” If I was wrong, or if I was unsure of my answer before I sent it, I can just warp to the spawn and check myself.

[Q6] Tell us about you?

I’m a person of many walks of life. I keep myself busy, essentially. I write poetry, work in abstract photography, draw (despite being colourblind), participate in theatre productions, and sing- those are the majority of my creative facets. I also am an avid problem solver and student- both of which make me an excellent programmer. I currently run a software company, where two of my friends and I make programs according to commissions. You already know of my community service side. I’m an athlete as well, participating in varsity soccer and varsity rowing. I’m fifteen years old, and my real name is Lilian. It’s hard for me to tell you about myself, as always- I’m just not good at it. There’s too much to tell without having more specific questions, or guidelines, to lead me through the thought process.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, let me know if there’s anything I should change or fix, or if there’s anything I can help you with.

~Lilian

2 Likes

+1

What to say… Since she came back, I often see her online for hours, often helping people (including me). Speaks in polite and motivational way. Has friendly personality. I think Lilian would serve well the community.

2 Likes

It’s nice to see you back in action Lil, just show up some time and I will give you my opinion, as I haven’t seen you on much since you retired.

2 Likes

+1
I saw you helping even when you were occupied with explaining the challenge to me and the other players participating yesterday. That shows a skill that helpers need (one that I don’t have): The ability to multitask.

2 Likes

I was playing with you yesterday, and you are still helping as much as possible. That’s something we need so much for the helper role, I think you’d make a good helper, if you didn’t prove that before. You’ve got my support if you didn’t in the first place.
+ 1
Good to have you back, Lil.

2 Likes

Nothing to fix, after all the time you weren’t on the server you still aren’t saving with words.
We all see what are you doing on the server for good
helps everyone who are in need for and very friendly.
Nothing to say but of good luck!

2 Likes

+1

I saw you helping people with me (sometimes you answer before I do) xD
Helpers that answer fast are needed :3

This is pretty much almost half of a mod app xD

2 Likes

You are very helpful indeed
+1

2 Likes

You are very helpful and definitely worthy of helper.

2 Likes

You would make an awesome helper +1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck Lil! :smiley: - X4LPH4PH4NTOM

2 Likes

Lil, as probably expected,
you are now entering to testing phase.
You got 2 weeks,
in case that it passed the period of 2 weeks then it won’t be denied
until that I will say it is.
Good luck!

1st test mark is 8.0.

2 Likes

Denied due to the request of the applicant.

2 Likes