[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
dark havest dmg - 77 > 62
dark harvest min dmg - 30 > 25
dark harvest max dmg - 82 > 72

morningstar dmg - 95 > 80
morningstar min dmg - 30 > 28
morning star max dmg - 111 > 95

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Both of their usetimes were significantly buffed in the 1.4.4 update, making them much more overpowered. Additionally, they’re fast enough and have enough range to easily overshadow the Paladin’s Hammer, as well as dealing more damage per hit. This is inherently unbalanced and extremely not good. While they shouldn’t be nerfed completely into the ground to still remain viable, they still deserve a decently large nerf to make them not overpowered.

[Anything else you would like to note]
this is desperately needed lol

I feel that Dark Harvest and Morning Star are both weapons that are extremely powerful during lag, and as such should be banned. Even though both of their uses are good side-grades, it does not help that someone can get hit by a mile away with one of the 2.

2 Likes

man i think you’re overreacting, a lot of weapons are op during lag

mans overreacting and/or wants to deprive me of weapons, I’m really not sure what you want me to say helfire lmao

dude… even with the Tiki Mask (which is a measly 3-4 blocks extra range at most, by the way), Dark Harvest and Morning Star can barely reach 3/4s the length of my screen on mobile, I don’t see how that’s a ‘mile’

2 Likes

Wow I would have never thought I would see this day the day you would be calling for a summoner weapon to be nerfed I thought you would enjoy summoner weapons being extremely viable on PvP but I guess not…

(Btw I shared this with Skemor on discord because I want to see his reaction to you calling for a nerf to your own class.)

But back to being honest I do agree with your decision

3 Likes

i enjoy using summoner class in pvp, but I can’t enjoy it being too overpowered
extremely viable and extremely overpowered are two completely different things, viable implies that it is balanced but good, but overpowered? That’s no fun!
Of course, like I said, I don’t want them nerfed into the ground, I still want them to be usable and at least be an option for non-summoner metas.
i also wanted to intervene before a certain type of ammunition petitioned for their banning lol

dm me his reaction lmao, i wanna see his digital face when he realizes I’m not just some mindless summoner cultist

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more about the use time. However, minimum damage nerf is quite unnecessary, and the other numbers you suggest are way too low for it to be viable, it makes it worst than the rest since it usually takes 9 or more hits to kill a player with Dark Harvest. And whips aren’t the only close range weapons that gotten changed, not to mention Aqua Scepter; now it goes off really far because of the range buff, which is the equivalent of Dark Harvest for mage class. Paladin’s Hammer on the other hand, didn’t get a buff aside from auto fire without having the use of glove(s), but it’s not that big of a deal since anything else is affected by auto fire. So I think 69 dmg/80 max dmg for Dark Harvest, and 85 dmg/106 max dmg for Morning Star is reasonable because unlike Paladin’s Hammer, whips don’t gain anything else from Fire Gauntlet and Mech Glove aside from attack speed. This is also why I think Paladin’s Hammer needs a max damage buff to 95 to compensate as it is way harder to use.

3 Likes

Actually, I agree on the min damage cap… it basically makes it useless compared to other weapons that match it. However, I’m sure aqua scepter will get some sort of velocity nerf to make sure its range is balanced, so it’s not as much of a deal long term

2 Likes