Dark Gaming's PvP META

Added reason to why influx is so bad.

7 Likes

I clarified the name of this post. (It does not change the damage directly, it changes it via a system)

6 Likes

Is that an exploit to use strange brew in pvp due to the server autocorrecting heals to 150 but lower cooldown?

6 Likes

yes, it is an exploit

7 Likes

Notes for DG PVP

Melee

• Death sickle is not overshadowed by Ice sickle. The Ice sickle is smoother than the Death Sickle however, but the projectile deals less damage, the sword is smaller, and the Death Sickle pierces walls. Ping barely affects Death Sickle.
  • Gungnir overshadows the Ghastly Glaive completely. Remove the ghastly glaive out of the recommended weapons.
  • Light discs are an A tier weapon, so it should be recommended.
  • Butcher’s chainsaw is overshadowed by starlight.

Ranger

• Red Ryder is a good alternative to the Sniper Rifle.
  • Daedalus Stormbow is a good alternative to Blizzard Staff if you are ranger.
  • Stynger is bad due to being a grounded weapon, making it situational.
  • Phoenix blaster and Venus Magnum are now good due to autofire.

Mage

• Shadowbeam staff is overshadowed by Heat ray, and often bugs out so it doesnt dish out that much damage.
  • Rainbow gun sucks.
  • Please remove Stellar Tune’s note, since Unreal works now.
  • Although Venom Staff is slow, it makes up for its high range, making it at least decent.
  • Nebula Blaze can be used to create power projectile walls, allowing it to dish out damage and cover a vast area.
  • Flamelash is overshadowed by Rainbow Rod.
  • Vilethorn is Overshadowed by C. Vile shard.

thx

3 Likes

Wallpiercing doesn’t do anything in practice and projectile > sword, so Ice Sickle overshadows Death Sickle and there’s no reason to use it.

Not really, Glaive still has way more damage than Gungnir with Gungnir only having more range, so it’s still a good option for really close range.

Same reason as above, way more damage in exchange for range, still an good option. Also no cap

seriously?

Daedalus Stormbow will always be bad because it doesn’t angle like Blizzard Staff.

Nope, Shadowbeam staff has more essential range and also, it doesn’t bug, you just have to do a direct hit

In what? It does its purpose very well.

Nope, it’s not only slow but also inconsistent with an small hitbox.

Use Bat Scepter.

Not really, the fact that it’s two hits instead of three makes it better for spamming than Rainbow Rod, and also is a middle ground for MM and RR.

Think things out and try alternatives before going off by your own experience.

5 Likes

Also, this guide is pretty outdated, if you want to ADD any weapons, you can go ahead but i don’t think i’m gonna change much for now.

5 Likes

The sword has a bigger projectile and sword so it is better in its own way (also the projectile has a 107% damage multiplier so the weapon’s projectile deals 91 damage which is two more than the Ice Sickle. Also, Ice sickle has a lower maximum damage cap than the death sickle.

Range makes it way harder to hit enemies with a weapon, having extra range is what makes the Gungnir, starlight, and breaker blade good.

If you get used to the pingy projectile, then you can use this as a sidegrade to the Sniper Rifle.

It goes faster than bat scepter and the bat scepter can be dodged. Also, this:

I’m getting used to using the stormbow with x2 velocity multiplier, and it’s working decent with my ranger loadout. Also, how good is the angling ability?

It almost always deals 5-10 damage whenever I use it and also this trap weapon almost never kills people, it’s so bad that it appeared in The Worst Weapon In Dark Gaming PvP

Rainbow Rod has a higher use-time than Flamelash, if you have a direct path, then it performs better in that situation. Also, it deals more damage through walls.

summary

3 Likes

might as well comment on this…

Ice Sickle has 2 benefits over death sickle, 1. It’s quiet, 2. The projectile is harder to see, so it blends in with the background
Both of these benefits can make it easier to hit someone with the projectile even if it is smaller

The only reason i had good faith for Red Ryder and put it in C tier is because the ping-reliance is not too atrocious, unlike with Orange Zapinator. It’s still not nearly as reliable as the non-ping-reliant Sniper, but i think it’s still a decent sidegrade.

Bat Scepter, like Ice Sickle, has the benefit of being quieter and the projectiles are harder to spot because of how tiny they are.
But Nebula Blaze has random spread, but it’s not too drastic, so you can make a good projectile wall while also having unpredictable trajectories, which Bat Scepter can’t do.

The angles Blizzard Staff can hit at is actually extreme, around nearly 180 degrees, meaning it can hit from super far away, but the reason i think Daedalus Stormbow sucks is because the arrows don’t cover as much area as Blizzard Staff’s projectiles.
Blizzard Staff is by far the easiest weapon to hit with in general, even thought it struggles to hit someone from above.

True
Rainbow Gun does it’s purpose very well. That doesn’t mean it’s purpose is good in any way. At most, it’s decent for area denial against someone with beetles.

Flamelash’s spammability is kind of dubious. Sure, it hits twice, but hitting twice consecutively still takes time. You’re better off just hitting once, then letting go of the attack button and sending another projectile out. This strategy makes Flamelash and especially Rainbow Rod a lot better.

Chainsaw’s range makes me want to throw up.
105600_20230225195850_1

Also, a lack of damage cap doesn’t matter that much unless you’re up against a glass cannon. Lack of damage cap is a situational upside.

4 Likes

Again, the projectile has a higher velocity which already makes it better than 2 more damage, that is without considering Death Sickle’s projectile isn’t as transparent as Ice Sickles and that Ice Sickle is way more silent. No reason to use Death Sickle.

AGAIN, Seriously? There’s no alternative to Sniper Rifle outside of a full ranger kit.

Bat Scepter shoots more projectiles, can be used at longer ranges and also, Blaze can be dodged too because it’s inconsistent as shit, most of the time it doesn’t hit anything at close range, even less at mid-range. That is without even considering the amount of mana Blaze wastes. Bat Scepter isn’t worse than Blaze at their thing and Bat Scepter can be used for other stuff. Use Bat Scepter.

Rainbow Gun is good at tracking your opponents which is GREAT in duels, it’s like an stationary Golden Shower.

4 Likes

You don’t get it. You can head at the direction of where you are firing to make a projectile wall. Yes it is bad at mid-range, but it is good at area-coverage, due to its inconsistence making it unpredictable.

3 Likes

Note: Chlorophyte Partisian is good now, so the “overshadowed spears” sprite is now a Storm Spear. Also, Death sickle does not suck.

Waiting for @Big.Russ and @Kishou to fix partisian velocity

3 Likes