Dark Gaming texture packs

I think it would be nice if Dark Gaming had some exclusive texture packs much like Minecraft servers do. For pvp, zombies or anything, and there could be community-made packs in the discord server. This can be easily added as an opitional game enhancer.

There are 3 issues with them:

1. They cannot possibly be enforced from server side
  2. Mobile players cannot use texture packs
  3. You cant change texture depending on its nbt; you have to change all textures of certain item/projectile/glow/dust/gore/etc regardless of its potential different uses
5 Likes

Well… Actually mobile players can although… It requires a mod source like the PC TmodLoader. Mobile has TL Pro, which I’ve explained in the past.

3 Likes

Not to mention that mods and texture packs are client sided, which would be impossible for a server to do on its own.

3 Likes

That would be considered a S5#1 violation though?

3 Likes

Actually no… Using the mod loader to cheat is a violation. Using the mod loader for texture packs is alright, I’ve already discussed this with other mods

3 Likes

It’s meant to just have better experience, doesn’t have to be connected

As i said above, it’s just a better experience, a visual change. They can still play as fine.

That’s why we are letting the hard work for the community! Hehe

4 Likes

^ This. The server can’t actually enforce any of this and the player has to download the texture pack separately, if they even know it exists

5 Likes

Visual changes of what then, for example

It would either violate Terrarias ToS, pose risks for other programs/systems as you have to use pc software. Generally bad idea

4 Likes

Well TL Pro and Terraria are two different things. When I change something in TL Pro, it doesnt affect Terraria. However I have stopped using it since I felt guilty about it…

3 Likes