THIS IS BY NO MEANS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE OFFICAL RULES, FOUND HERE: Dark Gaming - Terraria Server Rules
THIS IS MORE OF A GENERAL IDEA FOR QUICK ISSUES RATHER THAN TO QUOTE
DO NOT QUOTE THE RULES HERE, GO TO THE ABOVE LINK!!!
Now with that out of the way, here are a few things to note:
GENERAL (SECTION 0)
Be accountable for yourself, have proof when reporting someone (i.e. in chat/phase for messages/names, in-game for things such as hacking, exploits, or griefing.), don’t ruin other people’s fun, don’t aid others who are ruining other people’s fun. In general, follow this and you’ll be fine:
. DON’T BE A JERK. PERIOD.
. BEING A JERK RESULTS IN A BAN/WARNING
CHAT (SECTION 1)
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t use caps.
- You can use XD, however, due to the chat filter it automatically gets blocked alone. (75/25 caps-to-no caps-ratio)
- Don’t be racist.
- You can curse, but not often.
- Don’t curse at people, even if it is just an “if you spawned
boss name, f**k you.”, that is bannable.
- Don’t get political, religious, s*xual, etc.
- Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not, such as a Dark Gaming mod or a Terraria dev.
- Use English preferably, but mods can (and will) ban you if you break rules in other languages.
- Any and all the above rules apply to usernames as well.
- Don’t advertise servers, websites that are not well-known or are one of the official sites (like this forum or dtp), Discord servers that are not Dark Gaming’s official one, or any other thing that might be considered too select.
GRIEFING (SECTION 2)
- Don’t grief.
- If it’s big it’s bannable, if it’s small it will get a warning.
PvP (SECTION 3)
- Don’t combat log (leave PvP to not die)
- Don’t use illegal buffs
- Using prefixed ammo/armor is allowed, however, since in 1.4.4 Relogic patched this, this rule no longer applies.
- Wall-piercing weapons are allowed (and part of the meta)
- EVERYONE must accept the teaming, not just you and the person(s) you are teaming with.
PvE (SECTION 4)
- Don’t use illegal buffs via /permabuff or /buff commands. (i.e werewolf, feral bite, nebula boosters, basically non-potion buffs.)
- No one “owns” an area, you cannot tell people to leave an area.
EXPLOITS AND HACKING (SECTION 5)
- Anything that is not possible in normal Terraria without hacks is not allowed (this includes godmode outside of Journey Mode, getting illegal items such as the First Fractal, etc), and will result in a ban without warning.
- Anything that would be considered unintended behavior by the game is considered an exploit, and depending on how major it is, it might result in a ban/warning (dungeon rushing for weapons before Skeletron’s defeat is an example, items like the Bewitching table, Water Candle, and Alchemy table are exempt from this rule.)
- Hoiks are allowed to be used.
- Texture packs that do not interfere with vanilla item sizes are allowed (this is mainly aimed at PC users as well as some modified mobile content)
- Some items that interfere with server performance are banned. So far, the Christmas Tree hook is banned due to lighting issues and the server, but I do believe outside of items/sitems and Rift it is automatically deleted/forces you to delete it. Also, if it is obvious it is banned, don’t ask “whY IS ___ BanNEd?!?!?1/!/1!”, it’s obvious.
BUILDING (SECTION 6)
- See chat rules, basically if it is anything similar to the chat rules it is bannable.
- No adding blocks to grief people.
ACCOUNTS (SECTION 7)
- Multiple accounts owned by the same person are banned.
- Duplicate accounts (unless specified by the person to be a different person living in the same household/using the same IP) will be deleted by staff.
- If a duplicate account is found, the staff will delete the account that is not considered the “main” account.
- You will not be notified if an account is deleted unless specified by staff.
TRADING SYSTEM (SECTION 8)
- No duplicate accounts.
- Don’t abuse commands from trading/crew privileges.
GAMEMODES (aka Zombies) (SECTION 9)
- Don’t hack.
- Don’t AFK there for more than a few minutes (i.e a bathroom break is fine, but going for lunch is not.)
- Follow the chat rules.
- Don’t use exploits or interfere with a battle (i.e moving aggro intentionally to cause harm to other players.)
- /buff and /permabuff are disabled and are not allowed.
SURVIVAL (SECTION 10)
- Don’t scam. (looking at you Angler)
- /buff is disabled, so don’t use it.
- Don’t have illegitimate items on you, delete them.
- Statues (if they ever get enabled) and statue farms must be attended to at ALL TIMES. Leaving running without a nearby player results in the removal of the structure and repeat offenders can result in a ban.
- Spawn is not an appropriate area to fight bosses, many (such as Queen Bee) get deleted if they hit the spawn region.
- Claimed homes have no say in what mob drops from there.
- Any non-claimed area is considered owned by the server, and anyone can modify them.
To recap, remember this and you will be fine:
DON’T BE A JERK.
BEING A JERK TO OTHERS IS BANNABLE, SO DON’T.
And that is all.
I spent waaaay too much time on this lmao