Complete PvP Armor Tier-list [Q3 2021]

This guide was made to compile armor statics and showcases their utility.

If this wiki is outdated or missing info, let me know via Discord and I will eventually get to it!

This Guide is being revisioned and is still in the editing process, more armors will be added soon!

Ranks

A letter grade will designate rating:

Letter Rank Description
S Meta
A Off-meta [Still good]
B Solid
C Questionable
D Bad
F Pick a new set

Armor Categories

Hybrid

Armors

Rank|Name|Armor(s)|Statistics(%)
-|-|-|-|-
S- | Palladium Hybrid | image30x22image30x22image22x18image22x18 | 22% Melee Speed, 31%/28% Melee Damage, 19%/16% Ranged Damage, 23%/30% Magic Damage, 72/73 Defense
S | Crimson Hallow Hybrid | image28x24image34x24image22x18image22x18 | 10% Melee Speed, 27%/30% Melee Damage, 27%/30% Ranged Damage, 27%/20% Magic Damage, 77/76 Defense

Magic

Armors

Rank|Name|Sprite|Statistics(%)
-|-|-|-|-|-
S |Forbidden Mage |image24x26image30x24image22x18 |39% Magic Damage, 27% Summoner Damage, 340 Mana & -15% Mana Usage, 76 Defense
Rank | | | |
Rank | | | |

Ranged

Armors

-|-|-|-|-|-
Rank | | | |
Rank | | | |
Rank | | | |

Melee

Armors

-|-|-|-|-|-
Rank | | | |
Rank | | | |
Rank | | | |

Credits

@SolarDeity
@FAdadadada
@beetleeye1602

References

1. DG Armor Comparison. @MrSandwich
  2. Official Terraria Wiki. terraria.fandom.com
4 Likes

Nice…

I can’t wait until Blanc changes the value of all these.

3 Likes

Personally, I think Orichalcum should be buffed up to B+. The petal effect is pretty strong with high-damage weapons like Sniper Rifle or Phantom Phoenix (although they were both nerfed recently), and not many armors have higher defense (not including hybrid). I have ~90 defense, I think, with buffs and such. In my experience it is extremely helpful, even though it may not be as good as Beetle or Crimson.

1 Like

They’re based off of their stats and how good the armor does as a whole. Even though you can often times beat down players in crimson or beetle armor, the stats on the armor are good.

2 Likes

lol a ton of stuff got buffed

1 Like

I like how Shroomite is utter garbage now.

2 Likes

Best ranger armor as of today would be:
?

Personally I might just use the frost chestplate too, you lose 8% damage but gain 8 defense, and the set bonus as well.

Does the frost set bonus still work in PVP? I would assume not, right?

1 Like

Debuffs cannot be inflicted onto another player in PvP.

This set-up has the highest ranger damage % as of now.

2 Likes

Alright.

I don’t think this will change, but just wondering, what is the reason why this is the case?

1 Like

Debuffs are a can of worms.

They aren’t necessarily bad or good, but they add a whole plethora of new considerations to PvP. If they are implemented, PvP would have to undergo massive balance changes. Here are some debuffs that should be noted:

• Confusion
  • Ichor
  • Betsy’s Curse
  • Cursed Inferno (Inhibits Regen)
  • Shadowflame (Inhibits Regen)
  • Acid Venom (Denies Regen)
  • Frostburn (Denies Regen)

The massive, pervasive effects of the aforementioned debuffs on the PvP meta should be self-explanatory. Here are some notable effects:

• Ichor arrows and venom arrows would dominate the meta.

• Golden Shower would become significantly more powerful.

• The addition of these debuffs would bring new meaning to the use of flasks, and this would demonstrably affect all melee weapons and whips.

• The addition Betsy’s Curse would make Betsy’s Wrath more preeminent than it already is.

2 Likes

Chlorophyte helmet has more damage

2 Likes

Yeah I just noticed it was buffed along with frost stuff

1 Like

Oh, I thought the Frost Helmet still gave 16% ranged damage.

2 Likes

It’s a bit time consuming, but it’d be nice if all PvP armors are charted on the topic post. This way, we wouldn’t have to refer to the Google Sheet or PvP Manager.

I don’t want to do it at the moment.

2 Likes

I might do that later on when I have a list of armors that actually perform somewhat good in pvp, not random armors like palm wood or cobalt. Shroomite, Stardust and whatever else should be good in pvp currently.

2 Likes

You’ve already compiled info on most (if not all) the relevant PvP armors on the Google Sheet. Someone just needs to convert that to markdown format.

2 Likes

I just formatted the Crimson armor section.

I wonder if that looks good enough.

2 Likes

Are we able to add our own mixed armor loadouts?

1 Like

You could do that, but perhaps you should post your idea in the thread to see if it’s validated.

2 Likes

I edited this even more.

2 Likes