[Closed] PvP Tournament

The first round matchups have been completed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XieN4H2X3Cm8oUjKtm8RlE3-WqcdTmoGEnwDFFc4y0Y/edit?usp=sharing

As an explanation to the apparent unfairness of the pairings.
“Now before anyone starts shitposting the brackets because of their matchup, and how we ‘promised’ to match everyone with someone of equal skill, hear us out on this. There will be an A Pool and a B Pool. The idea is to separate the skilled from the unskilled as quickly as possible. So we matched everyone up in a way that people like Avery and Blanc won’t have to fight until probably the end. After all, if I’m the second best PvPer in the tournament, I deserve to get second place, not last place because I matched up with the best person right away right? Don’t worry, once you’re sent to the B Pool you don’t lose all chance of winning because the winner of pool B fights with the winner of pool A for the 1st place prize. Whoever doesn’t get it takes second place, and the semifinalists for the A and B pool duel it out for 3rd place.”
-Blanc 2k16

Blanc’s explanation covers the gist of it but however had the progression wrong. I won’t waste time explaining it, as it’s rather complicated. If you’re wondering, it’s basic double-elimination tournament design.

1 Like

I am absolutely outraged at how mr snapchat ghost emoji who is a U rating is fighting mr sandwich a B rating, its completely unfair, how can you expect sandwich to win???

1 Like

Please note: You now need to win 2 rounds. Meaning there will be a max of 3 rounds per matchup. This is due to the number of people whom entered the competition.

2 Likes

This actually sounds fun, count me in.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I’m glad you think it sounds enjoyable. Unfortunately this was taking place at the end of last year, so it’s unfortunately long passed. We may eventually attempt to redo a PvP tournament, but I believe that won’t be for some time yet. @Lord Avery you should lock this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes