Character items are replaced with Zombies classes

• I’m playing on PC.
  • This has happened to me twice while playing zombies gamemodes. It rarely happen & quite unpredictable.

The first time it happened was around 3 weeks ago, I lost everything including my hp reset back to 100, it kept the items/equipment from Zombies lobby, I was playing on Cryptic castle as summoner class, then exit using “save & exit”, when I rejoin the Dark Gaming server, my character does not return to normal. All of my stuffs from Safe, Piggy bank, Void vault, & Defender’s forge were gone.

The second time it happened is just now (Saturday, 30 January 2021), I was in Bewitched map, I do /rift to exit the lobby, but it keeps the items & equipment from the Zombies lobby I played (as Demon tamer class). Now all my stuffs including those saved in the Safe & Defender’s forge are gone, except in the Piggy bank & Void vault.

This was my character normally:
Screenshot 2021-01-30 191332

This is how my character is saved as now:

Screenshot 2021-01-30 182142

All of my items are gone:

I tried rejoining the same zombie map (Bewitched) and chose the exact same class but it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

The bug itself can’t be prevented, but you can avoid it by using either /leave or /rift. It has something to do with how Terraria works

2 Likes

Maybe there’s two bugs here? I know at least that other servers have had issues where people keep their stuff sometimes when they leave (save & exit).

2 Likes

Yes, I did the /rift from my previous experience with this bug but I still lose my items.

3 Likes

Might be 2 different bugs.

This one happened if I exit by “Save & Exit” sometimes, not every time I did that, It does happen to my friend, she usually do “Save & Exit” but only once lost her items.
Maybe because the server saved during that?

This just recently happened using /rift, Maybe because the server does not load properly for me as it still keep my max hp & mana including some items in my personal storage (Piggy bank & Void vault), the only things I noticed “missing” in my Piggy Bank was all the large gems.

2 Likes