Change the Triggers of Anti-Cheat IF POSSIBLE

Lemme try to explain.

First off, I don’t understand why anti-cheat exists. All it does is lag players, keep you from buying things half the time, keep you from selling things incredibly often, keep you from picking up items, randomly delete items, and delete ur crates and quest fish you got for literally no reason. I could go on. Basically, it honestly causes more problems than it solves. This is coming from personal experience. Eg, having 5 crates deleted in a row. That and two quest fish.

Second off, it actually doesn’t stop a lot of duplication and item glitched. I very vividly remember accidently duplicating eternian mana using a very famous vanilla exploit. Hackers and modified clients can also still cheat in items, so it’s not like anti-cheat is honestly doing anything. The other stupid thing is that it actually causes a lot of item glitches and exploits that wouldn’t normally be possible. Several bug reports here are about said exploits. Without anti-cheat, duplication and item glitching would actually be a lot harder.

Disclaimer: I’m not saying we should disable anti-cheat for the Mana Crystals or the Titanium/Adamantite Bars and Chlorophyte Bars. Those are actually reasonable, though annoying at times.

If there’s something I overlooked, please point it out, by the way.

Iirc, this is what the anticheat solved it

Before was common that players could cheat a zenith in Premoonlord (basically everytime they wanted)

This problem now haven’t happened again

But ehhh, yea survival is a pain to play, and certainly the anticheat have broke more things than it fixed

But the duplication glitches have been always existed, with/and without anticheat/other plugins

So eh, both sides have disadvantages, so i dont have actually an opinion and its most up to rofle i would say

7 Likes

Proof?

The majority of shops are usable, are you always buying obscure things?

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

I’m glad we’re in a position that you can complain about something so small and not have to deal with the massive issues we had before truessc was involved.

TrueSSC is about recognising valid transactions between the client and server, not patching exploits that already exist in the game.

Proof?

Proof?

A lot? Proof? I’ve only seen 2 or 3 reports, but no one cares to vote for survival, so I cannot work on it.

Proof?

To be clear, you cannot disable parts of this system, it works by recognising changes made by the client, if it fails to recognise a change, that change is reverted. You can’t stop the reversion because otherwise it will not recognise anything after that.

10 Likes

ah that makes sense.

unless you want just a screenshot of my empty inventory, I can’t screen record for some reason, soo…

how tf-

i buy full stacks of arrows and bullets from the Merchant and Arms Dealer, and it often wastes my money and doesn’t give me anything, or I pay for a full stack and get half. How that triggers anti-cheat I really don’t know.

o

another o.

So basically I guess I thought the point of anti-cheat was to stop people from duplicating items and performing other exploits… I should probably see the code for it to get a better idea on how to stop triggering it.
I guess a better way to state my suggestion is to change some things that trigger anti-cheat, if that’s possible. Once again, I’m probably going to have to look at the code to see whats possible or not.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of this. It won’t take your money and also revert items you payed for, it would revert both the money and items together.

To be clear, there are things not implemented (not bugs, just no one has put in the work to write out what those actions look like so it can recognise them). Fishing in particular only works if you’re not picking up unrelated items:

There are obscure things, like treasure bags not being able to be picked up, but no one is interested in using the prototype version (which will spam your chat) to screenshot what it says when it happens, so it never gets fixed (it’s not possible to fix without this information).

9 Likes

well that explains why, I usually fish with my bobber right next to me

thanks for the information. I’ve never experienced the treasure bag bug before, though.

7 Likes

What you mean by"No one is interested in using the prototype version"?

Im interested right now :ourselfpeek: lol
(Well, if that thing is aplicacble to one user , which probably is to the whole dimension, but err, i would actually like if you added the prototype)

8 Likes

If you think you are coming across issues commonly you should use the prototype version, accessible atm by joining the prototype dimension, to screenshot the information it puts in chat needed to fix them, the system will tell you in chat when it rejected changes and the information usually is good enough for use in a fix, but it’s important to include all the chat information it prints out as a result of something you did.

10 Likes

People kept telling me about a particular issue and I told them each time to use prototype otherwise I can’t help them, and so far no one has done so.

9 Likes

As for now
Seems that /prototype just perma-stones me, eventually killing me for the passive damage

8 Likes

To summarize very briefly, because of how heavily coded client side Terraria is, it was relatively common that prior to any kind of anticheat (i.e. the current TrueSSC), people could use modified clients with things like Craft Any Item hacks to pull any crafted item they want out of thin air. Other instances of item exploits that are now prevented by TrusSSC include the “Rift exploit” (unofficial name) that allowed players to bring Items into Survival outside of it, and a glitch with a pirated mobile version of Terraria that allows users to get a stack of 255 of anything that can be stacked.

8 Likes

Might be worth trying again if you haven’t

9 Likes

Oh, it worked
Thanks!

7 Likes

I almost never play survival, but I never had any of these problems as a mobile player (I don’t fish but it seems like the fishing one does exist). The only thing that hindered me at all was the mobile crafting recipes, which is a known feature of the anticheat, so you need PC players to help, and the fact that I couldn’t switch some things in my hotbar.

What, no

6 Likes

doesnt pvp disable godmode hacks? If so, then could there be a way to copy that plugin to all areas? just a thought. Of course, if its pvp manager doing that, then prob not. This is a random thought on godmoders, probably wouldn’t work for the Craft Any Item.

additionally, could there be a way to detect these pirated or hacked copies of terraria when they enter the server (idk, based on game id or smth, I don’t know plugins that well), and if not ban them, then put some sort of label on their name? These people are quite frankly making me doubt the success of the future human race lol, and finding them is a bit of a hassel.

6 Likes

I can remember that one time some onth ago in PVE I had PVP on by switching from PVP to PVE via command. Another one did that too and I knew only after I hit a boss with the zenith and hitting by accident another person. There appeared the normal red numbers and a purple 1, so there is PVP Manager incase the pvp disabling bugs.

It’d be hard for mobile since mobile Terraria is not on Steam. And blocking off everyone to get crew is also not a soloution because one PC pirate can vote 40 days and get crew. Mobiles would need to vote 40 days for crew to disable the system detecting pirates.

6 Likes

Yeah about that. You should observe the survival-related player reports after TrueSSC was introduced, it dropped from several a day to nearly 0 for a month

8 Likes