Champion (Ability Suggestion)

This ability buffs your various stats; 25% cost increase. (Prequisite: Crew)

Commands:

Tier W W S S D D
0 Unavailable +10% damage Unavailable
1 -10% usetime +15% damage Dash 5 blocks to the right, then gain +15% movement speed
2 -15% usetime +15% damage, +10% critical strike chance Dash 5 blocks to the right, then gain +20% movement speed
3+ -20% usetime +20% damage, +20% critical strike chance Dash 5 blocks to the right, then gain +30% movement speed

A A functions identically to D D, except that you dash to the left and not to the right. This is essentially a mini-Telekinesis dash.

The effects of W W and S S apply only to the weapon you are holding, and once you trigger the other effect, then the current one is removed (you can only have damage or usetime at a time). These do not wear off, but there is a 30 second cooldown before you are able to do either option again, regardless of the selected weapon. Changes to one weapon stay on that weapon, and you are able to have one weapon with extra damage and one with less usetime, or both with damage, etc. The effects of W W and S S only apply to weapons, and not tools/armor/anything else.

All the stats here are subject to change; please let me know if anything is too strong or underpowered.

Note that to edit a weapon’s stats, it may need to just remove your weapon and drop you a new one with the changed stats; this is what I expected.

5 Likes

It looks and sounds bit interesting, maybe to balance some stuff out, the bonus 25% cost on everything because of choosing an ability could be higher, around 35-50%.

5 Likes

So would you say it’s stronger than other stuff like Dual Wield or Valiant? Now that I double-check it, it’s probably better than Valiant at least

4 Likes

I’d argue yes, definitely stronger than Valiant, because with Valiant, you always are at risk if your aim is to maximize ability usage. The proposed Champion ability doesn’t, it’s just extra stat boosts to enhance play. As for stronger than Dual Wield… well, my vote also goes to yes there, because Dual Wield only has a few options to duplicate projectiles. To maximize usage out of that, again, you need to always be on the offensive, and in different ways depending on which firing mode you use. In the lategame, that’s not always possible, whereas Champion only has upsides (excluding the price increase); it has extra movement and weapon buffs, 2 things which are incredibly useful for everything and don’t rely on always being offensively minded since the buffs can be activated on demand.

5 Likes

That makes sense; I’d rather not have a different price increase, just for consistency, so I’ll try to think of a downside.

4 Likes

It can break all weapons modifications and i guess cuz of that full zombies code needs rework. Also pls add cooldown in table or note it with > or #

4 Likes

what how

The modifications are already saved, you can just edit the variable in the code (if this isn’t possible, then it just wouldn’t work). What and why would the entire zombies code have to do with this

4 Likes

It’s probably just an assumption. Perhaps their point was to warn you that such an ability might not be possible.

5 Likes

I saying maybe, not 100%

4 Likes

This is hard to implement atm without TrueSSC yet because of a mouse exploit. But yeah, you are right since modifications can’t be directly applied in the inv

4 Likes

Lol it seems like everything can be exploited if you screw with it hard enough

3 Likes

About the damage i can tell that is posible with Buffs and debuffs

The dash also maybe is posible if is used the shield of cthulhu boost, or the telekinesis thing. but that seem a bit weird to activate

About the dash, maybe is better to use another keys combination?, otherwise it maybe will have conflict with dash armor/accesory

The reduced usetime i don’t have idea of how it can be activated with a similar thing

Moving on…

I think it needs a penalitation bigger (not the price), since , well…, that is a lot of damage upgrade if we use a buffs and debuffs

Something like a life cost for the damage boost(Like shaman!, but only on you)
I would see it more like this (Suposing that only the damage boost is avalible, If not the case, please clarify to me and will change this)
Oh also, if the requisite is not met, it will happen nothing

Ability Level Life cost Active buffs Time
0 50% of Max HP Nebula buff T1(+15DMG) 5 Seconds
1 55% of Max HP Feral bite(+20%DMG) 8 Seconds
2 65% of Max HP Nebula buff T2(+30%DMG) 11 seconds
3 70% of Max HP Feral bite and Nebula buff T1(+35%DMG) 14 seconds

It is a bit weird this, but i think that will help maybe to give an idea? (Also, In which rounds abilities get a level up?)
Also other thing that i was thinking is use defense debuffs or attack debuffs after is over the effect (The Buffs would be the same as above, but now without HP cost)

Ability Level Debuff at end time
0 Weak 10 seconds
1 Weak and ichor 12 seconds
2 Weak and Ichor 14 Seconds
3 Weak, ichor, and broken armor 16 Seconds
I personally don't like the idea about debuffs, since its seems less punishing for such buffs About the dash, maybe this can work

After doing the dash, you will get the “Slow debuff”

Ability Level Debuff time
0 20
1 18
2 15
3 12

And thats all!

Now im gonna sleep…

5 Likes

It seems like your rework of the ability uses the Feral Bite debuff. Keep in mind that Feral Bite decreases health regeneration along with the +20% damage buff and inflicting random debuffs.

5 Likes

This would make the “dash” useless, since the point of it is to gain the movement speed. The 5 blocks or so you actually dash don’t matter very much.

I agree with this, but having Feral Bite (as 0re0 said, doesn’t really help) and it costing 70% of your max HP is way too much. Maybe more like 30% at most, 50% and higher is basically going to kill you, especially since you can still lose 50% on rounds 1-4.

5 Likes

I Agree with that…

I exagerated a little (ah yes, a little )with the costs,

Hmmm, about the feral bite, then will be only possible get the 3 tiers of nebula if im not wrong

So what about more like this?

Ability Level Life cost Active buffs Time
0 25% of Max HP Nebula buff T1(+15DMG) 5 Seconds
1 30% of Max HP Nebula Buff T2(+30%DMG) 8 Seconds
2 35% of Max HP Nebula buff T2(+30%DMG) 11 seconds
3 40% of Max HP Nebula buff T3(+45%DMG) 14 seconds

About the dash…

Well, the dash the can remain intact?, i suposse that the cost increase is enought, because you can’t spam it (Considering that the 30 Second coldown is for every use of any keys combination)

5 Likes