Buff Resonance scepter (1.4.1 item)

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Resinance scepter

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Buff it damagewise from 1 → 70 damage in a range of 62-90.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Now mobile and PC are on the same version and can have more cool equipment

[Anything else you would like to note]

I don’t think this would be a good idea, it’s instant, undodgable damage with zero warning, very similar to heat ray. It’s a bit like rainbow crystal staff, but harder to dodge due to a larger hitbox and AOE.

I tried the same with Finch Staff, but at least finch staff has smol hitbox.

3 Likes

Yeah, this weapon would kind of make weapons like rainbow crystal staff and any wall pierce weapon obscure, it’s too easy to aim and you can’t react to it

4 Likes

Uh… no? Resonance Scepter can deal damage through blocks, but it can’t cast through them. If you try to, it just puts the circle at the block in the way of the cursor.

I agree, though, 70 damage would be incredibly powerful, given that it’s a weapon you can point and click with, with the projectile being put directly at the cursor instantly. Unlike Heat Ray and Shadowbeam Staff, though, which are very thin and require a decent degree of aim to keep up with targets, Resonance Scepter projectiles take up a much larger area around the cursor in a similar manner to Life Drain.

Maybe by comparison, Resonance Scepter could be nerfed down to have the slightest bit more damage than Life Drain (Resonance Scepter’s base damage in the vanilla game is 70), given that the Scepter uses a bit more mana, and is a bit slower, but… yeah, no, 70 damage Resonance Scepter would break the current meta.

4 Likes

What about 30?

4 Likes

I did not know that resonance scepter can’t go through blocks, i guess that’s emblematic of my lack of knowledge on post 1.4.1 weapons

I still think that this weapon would outclass RCS though, but not as much, just as a point and click sentry and not a wallpierce.

Having it be around Life Drain’s damage range seems reasonable though.

5 Likes

I think maybe like 20-25 dmg max would be appropriate for the Resonance Scepter. It is far easier to aim than the Rainbow Crystal Staff, and produces a much larger projectile too. PvP does not favor these style of weapons, so I would not count on it being buffed at all tbh.

6 Likes

Isn’t this just a better Rainbow Crystal Staff? The scepter would be way easier to aim and you can spawn multiple, so it wouldn’t be very balanced. The projectile is so large just one of it can block off any given entry point with little mana required.

2 Likes