Book of Skulls buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Book of Skulls

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Right now, BoS is unmodified. I think it could work as an antirush weapon, so giving it Toxikarp-like stats would seem balanced to me. (About 80 damage and 105 cap, I don’t think the velocity would need to be modified).

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Book of Skulls hasn’t been modified yet, so why not give it a change?

[Anything else you would like to note]
i like this weapon lol

:+1:t2: Because if the projectile’s velocity is low it is well dodgeable. Getting a hit should give you a good reward by dealing more damage. The damage should about the same as the damage of Nebula Arcanum (about 45-50) because of its low velocity but slightly faster usetime (Nebula arcanum has a usetime of 30, Book of skulls has a usetime of 26).

3 Likes

I don’t think Nebula Arcanum works… nobody uses it anyway, there are better options. I’m not sure what you’re saying either.

3 Likes

I compare it (the book of skulls) to almost stationary to stationary projectiles because the velocity of BoS is 4.

3 Likes

Okay, but why would that change it to 45-50 damage?

3 Likes

Now I understand why 80 damage and not 50 (instead of the 29). It’s because of the very low velocity. When the speed is very low then I understand that the buff must be much higher.

3 Likes

I don’t think it would work well as antirush, this is mainly because it is somewhat slow, shoots only one projectile and has a comparatively high mana cost.

3 Likes

It’s not so slow as to be incredibly unusable. Having only one projectile and a high mana cost just means you would have to aim it well, although I was thinking this would be more similar to Bubble Gun in antirush range than Crystal Storm or similar.

2 Likes