Block Paper Airplane

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Paper Airplane, White Airplane

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Block it.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
This is because you can easily abuse paper airplanes to block many projectile slots at once for an extended period of time

[Anything else you would like to note]

is this personally experienced, or an in theory…?

either way, paper airplanes arent autouse for pc players, normal players wont use them, they disentegrate upon blocks, and they can easily be broken and deal one damage.

there are better weapons to do this tbh (toxic flask)

7 Likes

I[quote=“NateTheGameK, post:2, topic:14459, full:true”]
is this personally experienced, or an in theory…?

either way, paper airplanes arent autouse for pc players, normal players wont use them, they disentegrate upon blocks, and they can easily be broken and deal one damage.

there are better weapons to do this tbh (toxic flask)
[/quote]

f I recall correctly, toxic flask doesn’t block projectiles? Even if it did, it sinks to the ground way too fast and stays there.

9 Likes

epic quote fail

but you have a point… either way, who would want to block projectiles? wouldn’t that just hurt you?

6 Likes

I don’t think people would fill up the projectile limit to gain an advantage over other people (though the confusion caused could give them such an advantage) but rather to simply cause mischief. While it’s true that Paper Airplanes do not have autoswing on PC, they do on Mobile (like everything else). Also, yes, they disintegrate on blocks—the issue lies in their very low travel speed. When the wind is slow (and the fire’s hot) they lazily float through the air doing little loops over and over, barely making any distance. With the arena so large and open, this could lead to a very long travel time: a very long time to continue putting out more and more airplanes. Honestly, I see no use for Airplanes in PvP anyways, people don’t even use them as a meme weapon from what I’ve seen, so banning them wouldn’t be an issue.

However, it’d be admittedly rather difficult to cause chaos with them. The wind has to be slow, you have to find a long open area, be on mobile or have an autoclicker, release airplanes over this long section of the arena without people noticing, don’t get killed by some wandering vigilante and/or random running around like a chicken with their head cut off with a Flying Dragon, and continue doing this while avoiding death and escaping notice for as long as you wanted to make mischief for—as when you stop, the projectile limit will probably almost immediately have space again. And if someone runs into the path of your projectiles, they too can act as a stopping point for them.

The danger posed by Airplanes can be pretty exaggerated at times, without people realising just how annoying it would be to cause actual trouble with them. And those who would want to cause trouble aren’t very likely to find the weapons in the first place (I mean, who goes into a server, says “Hmm, I want to be a gremlin today!”, looks at all the tools they have available and goes “Yeah, this one’ll make me into Dark Gaming history.” while pointing at a pair of paper airplanes?). All in all, while I can see why people are initially fearful of the possibilities, Paper Airplanes are almost a complete non-issue in the reality of PvP.

7 Likes

honestly, i think something funnier would be buffing paper airplanes… crank up the velocity, crank up the damage to ~70, and you have yourself a hilarious troll weapon that actually might have some uses.

5 Likes

you have to have at least 3 people teaming with you spamming airplanes on an empty server and hope that none of you ran into each others airplanes for you to come near to the projectile limit
Then again, teaming is against the rules
I’ve been in a party before where everyone was chilling, a break from the hard fights, me, IniM and another player was spamming airplanes non stop, the planes either touch blocks or touch another player, they never stood in the air long enough, far from the limit even

5 Likes

you just want every unbuffed weapon to become meta

5 Likes

not really lmao, i despise BoG, Swordfish, FoF… the list goes on.
i just think some weapon mechanics might be funny or useful in pvp.

4 Likes

if by some, you mean all, then i agree

4 Likes