Block medium-/hardcore characters from joining PVP due to causing item spam and possibly lag on death

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Block medium-/hardcore characters from joining PVP with the message “Please rejoin with a classic character.”

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
(c.f. 1st question)

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
When a medium-/hardcore character dies, they drop all their items and can cause lag. Sometimes it is used to lag the server.

[Anything else you would like to note]
N/A

Plus, there is literally no reason to join a PVP server with a medium core or hardcore account.

5 Likes

I mean its their own fault for joining with said character anyways lol. I’m sure they realize the huge mistake they brought apon themselves, and that they know they are gonna die or be targeted.

4 Likes

I think you misinterpreted what was being asked.

The idea isn’t to save those people with the characters from loosing their precious items, the idea is to prevent people who just use those characters to spawn tons of items so they can lag the server from joining and lagging the server.

3 Likes

What I was refering to was the players that PvP yes, but its still their fault for joining knowing very well whats gonna happen lol.

4 Likes

I knew what you meant I was just talking about what else happens to mediumcore and hardcore players

4 Likes

Given that Dark Gaming PvP is modified drastically from vanilla… eh? First the server steals their main movement (Celestial Starboard), and then their main weapon might freeze them due to it being itembanned. They might not know that Dark Gaming PvP is modified and has such limitations, and as a result they’re left completely helpless before getting slaughtered by any of the many players in FFA that are typically active.

5 Likes

You definitely aren’t wrong about that

4 Likes

What I was trying to say about the topic but not thinking of the right words say was mediumcore and hardcore players PvPing and dying and loosing everything they have lagging the server with their dropped items while knowing very well that it was gonna happen. Not too far off from what was being implied to begin with

4 Likes