Beetle Armour set bonus change

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Beetle armour set

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Change the damage reduction with three beetles to 66%, and the damage reduction bonus with one beetle to 66%

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Right now, as it stands, I think there’s room to abuse very degenerate playstyles with beetle armour, and right now it’s very difficult to punish beetle armour users who run or engage in long range sniper battles since they reduce all damage to the minimum with three beetles up. Additionally, the beetles recover quite quickly making it hard to find openings on players who run once they lose a beetle or two.

[Anything else you would like to note]
The armour just needs some small changes to become a less degenerate armour set. I don’t think it really needs any nerfs to it’s total damage reduction, just to how it’s allocated to make it more fair to fight this armour set in all situations.

It’s pretty simple to remove beetles from a player, you can either spam sentry stuff and practically use heat ray lol.

5 Likes

beetle armor is just basically a decent armor thats worse than most but you have to get two (or three depending on the weapon) hits to do damage, I think this is fine but it’s up to Blanc

4 Likes

This is exactly why poke weapons exist
Grab anything from hray to laser rifle and it’s gonna strip the setbonus away

5 Likes

blizzard staff, bat scepter, bubble gun, flairon, and tsunami + chlorophyte arrows also exist

5 Likes

Chlorophyte Arrows have been banned.

3 Likes

oh dang I havent been on for 8 months lol apparently a bit has changed

3 Likes

Beetle armor is definitely an awkward armor that forces specific types of play to deal with it, but I also don’t think the armor is serviceable outside of fighting certain stubborn players who refuse to deal with the armor appropriately.
In that regard, I think Beetle Armor is fair.
I will test it out sometime soon and edit this message with my conclusion afterwards.

Edit: Denied

3 Likes