Ban Soaring Insignia

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Soaring Insignia

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Ban

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
With Insignia movement (combined with Empress wings), it’s super easy to run away and play extremely passive, which is toxic. The only way to chase down someone who’s using insignia is to use your own, meaning this movement accessory is borderline required.

[Anything else you would like to note]
Although i personally think Soaring Insignia is toxic, there are a lot of people who think otherwise. I wanted to bring attention to the topic of banning Insignia because it’s been garnering some controversy lately.
I want to emphasize using this thread as a means of discussing Insignia and it’s implications, and whether it should be banned or not.

Hmmm…

well, I used to use it, and quite frankly it’s often needed for beginner PvPers. Those who aren’t used to hooking to rails or platforms to reset flight time basically need this to even stay in the air and have a chance against decent PvPers. Additionally, the speed boost doesn’t really make a ton of difference if you smash into obstacles, resetting velocity. I actually ditched soaring insig specifically because it can actually put you at a disadvantage if you fly too fast, which can cause unloaded chunks and quite a bit of lag for lower end devices. Additionally, there’s a bit of a tradeoff- you can get away in open spaces, but it becomes hell to navigate tight spaces or the top of the map with said setup.

Overall, I don’t think it’s banworthy, as honestly it’s a waste of an accessory slot anyway. It’s pure mobility, and something decent like another emblem or Worm Scarf or something can go there anyway. It’s like banning the frog leg accessories because when stacked they can be even more effective than the insignia- but likewise, they waste potential slots for offense and defense.

5 Likes

I completely agree. I only use it to mimic going mach speeds since I’m so used to fast movement/fast paced flying games like Ace Combat. I can see where he’s coming from with it tho. Maybe nerfing emp wings vertical, and horizontal movement speed would be a better compromise instead of outright banning insig

5 Likes

I try to limit fleeing but sometimes it’s my only option the main reason I added the butterfly pet was to make it easier for a pursuing player to follow me to limit or outright remove the speed advantage of emp wings all together

5 Likes

impossible lol

besides, some of us actually like empress wings

5 Likes

I like them too I was just trying to think of alternatives to banning insig outright

5 Likes

Just trying to think of ways to make everyone happy while also maintaining balance.

I just don’t like seeing anyone upset about anything mainly because I’m always depressed and I don’t want to see others upset as well.

5 Likes

Soaring Insignia is a fun accessory to use because you gain more flexibility mid-air. You may gain an advantage in a combat mid-air against someone else if you’re able to use it well and bedazzle those who are inexperienced in PvP.

Soaring Insignia can be used to your advantage. If it’s being used to make escape easier or ensure escape(everytime), the problem isn’t with Insignia, it’s the players who abuse it. Monkey players. Yeah kind of annoying but Insignia shouldn’t be banned for the reason you said.

It can also be used to train your movement if you aren’t used to hooks or dash.

Instead ban the pla-

5 Likes

This isn’t true. You can also adapt to it without even using it yourself, and using the fact that they will be going up and down to your advantage, Betsy’s Wrath is an obvious example. I never had a problem chasing people using Insignia.

Being fast does not only allow you for more defense but also being more aggresive so it doesn’t exactly encourage defensive play unlike Shiny Stone or Frozen Turtle Shell. It allows for more interesting gameplay, as the infinite flight gives you more capability in positioning. Now with 1.4.4 it was nerfed significantly, and if it wasn’t banned before, now it’s going to be even harder.
Arena has to be considered too, most of the arenas in DG are more horizontal than vertical, so Insignia is nerfed indirectly.

There’s no reason to ban it, and “being annoying” is not one.

4 Likes