Ban appeal: kijjhj

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
https://dark-gaming.com/ban/5190

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
yes

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
yes it was totally fair cuz i used a mod client to make progress on survival and i want to kill a boss and no one is helping me so it forced me to use it.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I promise I will never do it again and hopefully give me a second chance I promise I will not fail you ill stick to my words I aknowledge my mistake and its all my fault I deserve this its up to you if you will unban me its ok I deserve to be banned.

1 Like

Nothing “forced” you to use a modified client - Nobody did absolutely anything to make you use a client besides your own free will and decision. This reason basically says that since other people didn’t happen to share the same ideal of a reset for you, in which this case is killing a boss, you decided that hacking was an okay choice. It’s quite hard to believe that it was simply done off of wanting a boss dead, as the items you were in possession of were far above reasonable amounts(most of the said items could have been gotten fairly easily by just playing the game legitimately). Instead, it seems to me that it’s the typical, lackadaisical mindset of “i hacked because i wanted to, so what.” I’ll also note that you had these items for a minimum of a day or two before being banned, meaning there was a considerable difference in terms of progression in survival.

Although i was fairly ‘unclear’ about the exact reason you were banned in the ban link, your use of a modified client in survival is not the only thing that led to your ban. You were caught and reported for the use of a modified client in Zombies, but moved into survival when I hopped on to handle it. This only makes the unlikeliness of you sticking to your promise all the more apparent, as your reasoning of “nobody helped me kill a boss” is now able to be considered a complete lie, or at least irrelevant. There was no item hacking in this case as there was in survival, but it was instead the use of modified sentry summon amounts.

3 Likes

The nobody helped me kill a boss is true because i soloed lunatic cultist yes theres no item hacking because i only use god mode mana hack sentry and minion hack

2 Likes

I didn’t say otherwise. Rather than saying it is untrue, I am saying I don’t believe that this was why you decided to use a client in its entirety.

In case there was a misconception, you did use item hacks in Survival. Listing the hacks you used doesn’t help this appeals outcome in any way, nor does it answer anything I said.

Viewing the situation in such a way is a ‘dangerous’ way to do so. An analogy for the said reason in this case was “survival didn’t play out the way i wanted it to, so I hacked.” This can apply to a multitude of scenarios, where each can end with the use of hacks.
I’ll need to know if you understand why viewing things with such a mindset is not okay, and why it should not be viewed in any way an “excuse” for hacking. Additionally, i’ll need you to read, and copy and paste the rule(s) you broke from here, and tell me whether or not you agree to following these said rule(s).

2 Likes

1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]

All types of modified clients, that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities, but texture packs are exempt*. Warnings may be given, however due to the nature of the people using these clients, warnings may not be required, and in cases where this affects other players in a negative way, to a degree of selfishness, then the ban may not be appealed.

People using any sort of Modications for PvP Advantages are deemed worse. Therefore, they should not be warned and instead banned.

• That do not alter game mechanics (e.g. hitboxes, visibility of tiles/walls, visibility of lighting). In other words, they must keep all things in-tact that the originals do except the art style.

This rule i agree to this rule

2 Likes

As I said before, I expect that you don’t view hastened progression(or any reason, to be exact) as a form of excuse for any modified client usage, and that this process has helped you understand why. Keep in mind that if there is any sign of this rule being broken again, future appeals will not be considered. You have been unbanned.
Appeal Accepted.

3 Likes