Ban Appeal Denied without Reason :/

Ok, so I have a theory as to why Rofle denied your Ban Appeal.

The Theory

After he responded to your appeal telling you why he hadn’t responded yet, you replied to that, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The bad part was the fact that you replied with 752 words total.

In my opinion, you should have ended your reply after “Thanks for replying, I’m happy to wait as long as I need in order to get unbanned, as long as it doesn’t take too long.”, or even better, remove the part after the last comma and add in the second sentence.

If you had done this, it would have shown that you understand why it was taking so long and shown that you are fine with waiting longer. That’s the kind of thing that, if I was the one appealing, would drastically improve my opinion of you.

Instead, you continued with the other 727 words in the reply. First, you said

“However, you stated that there needs to be nothing else of more urgent priority, and no offense, but I don’t find this Normal house to be of more importance than someone who has waited over a month for a ban appeal with no recognition…”

I understand the frustration of seeing someone who you think should be appealing your ban posting jokes, but keep in mind that Rofle also needs free time. He doesn’t work on the server full time (I hope), and so he can post on the server in his free time.

You then give reasons to unban you, when you should have just edited the original post if you wanted to do that.

And then you say:

“Also, I’m honestly pretty confused as to what the “current problems” are that need to be addressed. If you could specify those so that we could address them, then that would be wonderful.”

After I saw this, it honestly hurt. If you would recall, one of the things Rofle said was that he doesn’t have enough time to accurately address the current problems. Thus, the fact that you wrote this line makes it look like you didn’t really read his response.

Finally, there’s the stuff in italics:

If after all of this you still somehow think that I should be banned, then do one thing for me. Look around the ban appeal section and try to find someone who has written as much, apologized as much, or has been as persistent as I have in getting unbanned. I guarantee that you will fail.

This, to me, shows that you don’t understand why you’re not unbanned yet. You have been very persistent, yes, but that is the problem. You have gone on multiple rants that both attempted to minimise what you did wrong, even going as far as to say that you think that the rules are stupid at one point, and another time, asking for a new moderator on your ban appeal. Which, to me, makes it look like you have no self control.

Trust me, I am speaking from experience when I say that I have been in your exact situation before, on another server, in which I said what you have been saying almost verbatim. And that experience helped me to realize something: You don’t get unbanned by continuously sending walls of text to the Moderators. You get unbanned through patience.

I hope this helps!

8 Likes