An essay

it may have more defense, but it dont got more viability

4 Likes

Only thing summoner really has going for it survival wise is it’s dps, however on PvP summoner’s best weapons are sentries, and whips.

Whips honestly are a poor attempt at cloning the melee class ngl they are good don’t get me wrong but tbh they should have been melee weapons well atleast Dark harvest, and Morning star should have been since Morning star is basically a medieval flail, and Dark harvest is more of a classic razor whip.

I can see the rest being used for summoning especially the spinal tap since it fits the summoning theme better.

4 Likes

man, i hate it when people say this. Did you not read the whole second part of the essay

they are poor at cloning the melee class because they are literally COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
that’s like calling magic guns clones of ranger because they both fire high velocity bullet projectiles, or boomerangs clones of throwing class because you throw something in both to deal damage, whips are not melee clone lmao

4 Likes

Sentry-based summoner trades minions for defense and sentries (haha lunar portal go brrrrr))

4 Likes

enjoy chugging 10 mana pots a second while I afk boss fights :yawning_face:

4 Likes

Summary:
The summoner is deadly and precise
Mages die from overhydration lol
Rangers do good but you run out of bullets every 5 seconds
Melee is fun but noob bait and you can only get away in late hm with it

3 Likes

Well given that atleast 3 of the whips in the game are designed more closely to the melee style than the summoner style I hope you can see where I’m coming with this when I say Dark harvest, Dundreal, and Morning star, should have been classified as melee weapons as all of them have characteristics of melee weapons.

Morning star in particular should have never been a whip as it’s real life counter part is a medieval flail, or mace which is classified as a melee weapon in the real world.

4 Likes

Eh I have beaten the entire game with only a Night’s Edge so for some people I guess it is noob bait others may find it more fun than pain tho

5 Likes

Oh and it wasn’t converted to a True Night’s Edge either when I got to hardmode

Tbf tho this was before mobile moon lord so it is a pretty old playthrough

5 Likes