[Accepted]Chaos's Admin App

Dear, Staff

[Q1] Why would you like to be an Admin?

I would like to be Admin because I believe I can benefit the Terraria community and I am excited to help other players, add to the server, and I would love to help the Super Admin. Helping and benefitting the Terraria community is one of my favorite jobs and activities that I am open to be able to do, and I think every player should have a chance to just get onto a server and have fun without problems. I believe in order for this belief to happen, it takes action, action of people similar to me and of higher rank must ensure that things go smoothly for innocent players just looking for a fun way to pass time.  

[Q2] At present, what would you rate your effectiveness as a staff member out of 10? (Include your activity, appropriate bans, warnings, positive responses and other related things into account)

I would give myself a 10 as a staff member. I have regulated caps within the chat, watched for grievers, hackers, and more. I have never been banned, or warned as a member or moderator of the Dark Gaming server. I have helped many people create houses, I have helped new members learn how to login and register, and I have protected buildings for players, and helped other members with commands. I am very active, and I have been a moderator since BoB was first moderator as well. The only times in which I am occasionally busy and unable to join the server for more than 2 hours are when I'm out having gigs with my band or having family issues. Recently for a little bit I did have some family problems, but they have been resolved for the time being. I am generally active for more than 2 hours on weekdays at the least and easily active for over 4 hours on most weekends. 

[Q3] If another staff member was trolling/annoying someone or a group of people in such a way that could be deemed inappropriate, what would you do?

I would give the staff member a proper warning and tell them it is strictly against conduct to do these actions. If they were to continue, I would give them possibly 1-2 further warnings, before kicking or banning them depending on the severity of the crime accused. Trolling/annoying other players in an aggressive manner is certainly against our rules and conduct, especially as staff members. Muting the member is also an option, but once again it depends upon the severity of the slander in which he is essentially throwing towards the other player. 

[Q4] If you was asked to watch over the server for 5 days, with almost all permissions granted, how would you do it?

If I were asked to watch over the server with all permissions granted, I would ensure that our Terraria server stays safe, and I would ensure the safety of our players. I Would certainly try my best to monitor as long as possible and help other players as much as possible. I would up my time on the server, and I would not alter the server to a large extent unless needed, instead I would use these permissions to guide the Terraria community and maintain the server's effectiveness and activity. 

[Q5] What would you do in the following situation (Include detail as to each point you’d address)? :
2 members and 2 Moderators are arguing. The members claim that both Moderators have been annoying them for reasons which cannot be proven and such have reason to believe that they have done nothing wrong but are still being punished for it. One of the Moderators is telling one of the members to ‘shut up’ and is muting them mid-argument. The other is spewing casual responses such as ‘yea’ and ‘I agree’. Meanwhile the other member is trying to get his point across to no avail. The Moderators claim that these members have been breaking some rules. Including: Using CAPS on one of his messages, swearing at them and griefing. The Moderators say they haven’t yet checked if they’d griefed but some people were reporting them to have.

First of all, a moderator must have proof of grief, they cannot simply agree or believe that a member is grieving. Grieving is a serious offense, and it must be taken seriously, the moderator should have checked the history of the grieved area before accusing the member. The mods cannot simply mute other players for caps within 1 message, because they are supposed to receive a warning first. So, in this situation the mods are obviously inexperienced and or incorrect. However, the members should not blame mods of possible false accusations without proof either, this makes both parties incorrect. The best solution would be to inform the moderators and members of their mistakes, and break up the fight between them. Further information is needed to blame either party of the offense.

[Q6] Write a short paragraph explaining your experience at Dark Gaming and what you have learnt since you first joined.

Since I have joined Dark Gaming, I have learned so much, some examples of what I have learned are how to use commands properly, how to regulate players, and how to ensure the safety of the community. I have learned that earning a high rank position is not a simple task, and it really does take responsibility and work. A higher rank is not simply a higher rank, it is also a higher responsibility and can significantly include much more effort and work. Throughout my first Admin training session, I realized how many things Admin must do daily, and I feel the holder of this position must be trustworthy and responsible as well as vigilant. Throughout my experiences, I learned that many players in fact are just online for fun, but there are some players who like to ruin the fun for others, and they must be stopped. The Dark Gaming server has taught me how to help other players and it has taught me to be more responsible for my actions as well as for others' possible actions. Furthermore, I have learned that working on the server as a staff member includes a lot of difficult decisions and vigilance, but it can really pay off in the end because we really do collectively keep the server running smoothly. On Dark Gaming, the staff and even members are not simply ranks or people, we are a team. Our team allows for the server to maintain its liveliness and safety, our team is hardworking and dedicated, and I am happy to be part of it, thank you.

Sincerely, Chaos.

1 Like

Well written and followed format. +1

1 Like

Would love to see you as an admin! +1

1 Like

[quote=RubberDuckyFoxtrot]Yup Chaos is a great Mod and a trusted friend of mine. Great app. +1 for me :).[/quote]Um, you can either revoke your +1 or keep it and your submitted assessment will be discarded.

1 Like

Umm… what?

1 Like

i say this is a great app

i say this is a great app

1 Like

Sorry Rofl, What was that all about?

1 Like

WHY R WE NOT FUNDING THIS???

1 Like

Oh woops

1 Like

This will be finalized on the 22nd of Feb. I and BoB have already got assessments so it can definitely be finalized.

1 Like

Don’t let this slip away… BUMP

1 Like

hehe… slipping already.

1 Like

I’m sure it wont anyway. A few more +1’s might help though :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

Lol BOB.

1 Like

I have seen you on before and you are helpful. +1 (My cats like me)

1 Like

Chaos the reason I took away my +1 is because had to grade your application with pop so do not freak out or anything :smiley:

1 Like

Said some rude things about me and a few others and i never got my sorry -1+ no vote ;s '(for now)

Plus isnt he only mod for starbound?

Edit: also i think he temped for admin to fast, dont we have anuff admins when will we stop accepting?

1 Like

When Admins are actually active and don’t leave after a while…

1 Like