Ability Suggestion: Point Infusion

Point Infusion

This ability directly affects DP gains in a positive way, but puts you at a permanent risk of loosing a fair amount of your points.

What this ability does

This ability makes you lose an amount of points (that scales up every round) every time you get hit. You can’t recieve any points via /lobby ts [player name] [point amount] (but you can still donate points) and only get half of the points when you revive someone (the other half is lost).

With this ability, you get 0.1 DP for every zombie you kill (you earn 0.08 DP for every kill after round 20 has been completed).

This “kill”, however, is a special one to avoid potential exploits. The user of this ability has to do at least 50 percent of the damage done to the enemy and the finishing blow for it to count as a “kill”.

Points Lost For Each Hit

Round 1-3: 250 points
Round 4-5: 1000 points
Round 6-8: 5000 points
Round 9-12: 7500 points
Round 13-20: 10000 points
Round 21-infinite: 50000 points
Please let me know if this is unbalanced or not!

Upgrades

Completion of round 20: 0.2 DP for every “kill”, signified with a level up message

/ahelp point infusion text

Harness the power of points to get additional Dark Points from zombies!

Passive: You get a small amount of DP every time you kill a zombie by doing most of the damage.
Passive: You loose a certain amount of points whenever you get hit, can’t get points from others and recieve half the points you were supposed to get whenever you revive someone.

Requirements to activate this ability

1. Reach Round 16 on any map
  2. Have crew
  3. The current map has DP/EXP payouts

imo, kill-based, especially finishing blow rewards, are not great for team games as they can drive greed

What do you mean by text?

3 Likes

Probably the instructions that the command gives you.

3 Likes

This may be true, but I don’t think how greed will affect the game too negatively.

4 Likes

People leaving others dead till the round end

3 Likes

This could be done, but it would cause an overall loss of points because of this:

3 Likes

The points would still be more because only you are killing the mobs.

4 Likes

I don’t see this as a huge problem (except for a chance of toxicity and risking the game), this situation is too hard to happen on early rounds and naturally happens on endgame rounds.

4 Likes

While this seems like a good idea, I’ve noticed that when I used to play zombies it happens frequently where someone is usually bound to carry and when done correctly with this ability it can be very powerful. I mean when I’ve played I’m not so high and mighty but on a map something like Cryptic castle with summoner you will get a lot of DP and since well points are per hit making overkill not powerful before and well this ability is per kill (for DP) that means it basically makes overkill viable and perhaps very powerful. I’d like this to be a ability but if a somewhat nerfed happened to it, it could overall be more balanced.

5 Likes

This ability can only be used for maps with payouts, so maps like Cryptic Castle and Lunar Mineshafts that are easier do not benefit from this ability.

3 Likes

EDIT (I confused Zombies Points and DP)

I think the rewards a little to low, but even if they were overpowered, there is a daily limit of 2000 DP. I don’t think the potential gain outweighs these high potential losses.

Most players do not even have over 1000 DP, let alone 10000 or more.

Also, is it really necessary for the losses to scale per Round?

I think the ability is fine, but I think the potential losses are a bit harsh when there isn’t much DP to earn. Even if this ability supposedly offers to much DP, there is a daily limit of 2000 DP.

I wholly think the repercussions are reasonable, although the substantial loss of points in the early to mid game can cost the whole game.

I think this ability is high cost / meager rewards.

If you kill 1000 mobs and meet the requisites for a kill, you just get a meager 40 points. I think this is totally fine.

I do not play zombies enough to know how long one can sustain a farming lobby, but you only get 8 DP per 100 kills.

2 Likes

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤok.

2 Likes

Sorry, for some reason I confused DP and Zombies points.

I’ll edit my post.

2 Likes

Wait, is there any way to get more points with ability, or only lose

3 Likes

This was an interesting idea but I don’t think it was implemented.

4 Likes

Agree with you

3 Likes