It can be used once in a round
You can not revive another priest

The people that you revived will get a debuff

–Broken Armor debuff for 2 seconds
–Darkness debuff for 2 seconds
–Withered Weapon debuff for 2 seconds

When you ability gets upgraded

–Increases revive block range with 6
–Debuff will be shortened by 0.2 seconds (debuffs will not go down than 1 second)

This could easily be abused. An entire lobby full of priests and everyone is basically immortal

5 Likes

should i make the block increase 10?

4 Likes

Maybe same limitation as shaman?

6 Likes

The ability could interesting, but IMO: 100 blocks are too big, and one function that’s not as versatile is a bit bland

4 Likes

your idea of range? i can’t kinda imagine things so it is hard to imagine the blocks range.
Maybe 30?

4 Likes

Well, it depends on the orientation of the ability. It could keep but 100 block range but in exchange for a very long cooldown, or it could have a 35 block range but a shorter cooldown. Or perhaps even the cooldown increases for each person in range? Or maybe even make it a chain reaction, it first revives everyone in a 25 block range, and all dead people around 15 blocks around them is also revived, and so on…

It depends, just brainstorming

4 Likes

Some potential pitfalls to consider:

• Revives people with less max health
  • Revives people but they start with statLife at 1hp
  • Revives people but they get debuffs.
7 Likes

like priests can’t revive other priests as the same way shamans are not able to heal other shamans

5 Likes

It is kinda hard to imagine the range cause some maps are real small and the others are real big

4 Likes

Yes that’s right.

6 Likes

would be interesting if half of your life was used to revive someone, like, divide the life by the amount of players revived

5 Likes

I think this Ability would work well in maps where players die in unrevivable-locations.
It would especially work well in the obvious situation where most players die in some hard Round.

However, I personally don’t like this ability because it seems to be a an extremely powerful way to rack-up points.
When you revive normally, you take a risk: the risk of dying and losing your points.
Also, whenever you go to a certain location to revive someone, you are bound to that area, giving other players the opportunity to revive other players.

I suggest there be a limit on how many points you can gain reviving with this Ability, or perhaps one should gain no points for using this Ability.

How should the points be distributed?

Importantly

Any such debilitations such as these will leave the revived player vulnerable to another death, hence incentivizing revive-farming which is malicious.
If the individual with the Priest Ability is in a safe location and isn’t able to kill themselves due to some intentional flaw with the Ability, revive farming is ideal.

Also, how would this ability interact with players already in the process of revival?

4 Likes

What if the ability used your HP to revive others?
To be precise, a percentage of your HP, exactly what percentage being based on the ability’s level, would be used to return the same percentage of HP back to dead players when you revive them, a percentage of their max HP, that is.

For example: You, the Priest, have 400 / 400 HP. Three teammates are dead in your range: one with 200 max HP, and the others with 100 each. Your ability is levelled up to the point where 25% of your HP will be used to restore 25% of each dead in-range teammate’s max HP, thus you have 100 HP to give. On ability use, the teammate with 200 HP will be revived with 50 HP, and the other two with 25 each.

As another example: You, the Priest, have 100 / 400 HP. Two teammates are dead in your range: one with 100 max HP and the other with 500 max HP. Your ability is levelled up to 10%. You thus have a measly 10 HP to give! On ability use, you can only revive the player with 100 HP, giving them 10 HP back. You or the freshly revived player must head to your fallen teammate yourselves to revive them, as you did not have the 60 HP necessary to revive both.
If, in that moment, you had been at 500 / ??? HP, Priest would have revived the healthiest player it could–the teammate with 500 max HP, at 50. If you had 550 / ??? HP, it would not revive the player with lower max HP at 5 health; it requires that you have the necessary cut of health (60 HP to give) to revive both players at 10% health and it will not take any smaller amount.

I have nothing to say on the points issue, although perhaps the ability’s level could decide what percentage of points lost on death would be given back to the player revived.

[EDIT] Oh, and in addition: if the Priest has more than enough HP to revive both players, it will revive both and keep the remainder. It will not give over 10% HP to either player in the aforementioned situation.

[EDIT] Now that I think of it, this would give a downright dangerous synergy with Shaman… thoughts?

3 Likes

Depends on whether this ability acts on percentages or actual set number limits.

3 Likes

I addressed this in the post before yours, but regarding the premise of your suggestion, wouldn’t it incentivize revive-farming?

Unless the player can kill themselves with Priest, they can sit idly in a safe location, slowly regen, then activate their ability to revive other players when the specified requisites are met.
According to your suggestion, players will only receive a certain small percentage of health when they’re revived. This leaves them vulnerable to another death.

This can be abused to essentially steal every other players’ points for yourself. Because of this, the matter of points distribution must be addressed.

4 Likes

I thought of that, actually. My idea is that when the Priest revives dead players, it gives back to the players revived a percentage of their points lost on death, the percentage being based off of Priest level.

although perhaps the ability’s level could decide what percentage of the points lost on death would be given back to the player(s) revived.

4 Likes

Will this Ability supersede the progress of a revival performed by another player?

3 Likes