Ability Idea: Starstruck

You have suffered all these years… isn’t it sad?
Have you ever wondered if it was all for nothing?
And yet your enemies seem glad…
Can you feel your fates touching?

How to get: obtain Crew

x=number of level-ups elapsed

WW: Ascend to the next state, granting the following list of buffs for (1+3x) seconds:

Buffs

Wrath
Rage
Endurance
Ironskin
Obsidian Skin
Shine
Night Owl
Swiftness
Regeneration
Damage Nebula T1 (r7+)
Life Nebula T1 (r7+)
Mana Nebula T1 (r7+)

However, you have a Cosmic Hangover for (1+3x) seconds afterward, granting the following debuffs:

Debuffs

Slow
Weak
Darkness
Bleeding
Withered Armor (r7+)
Withered Weapon (r7+)

SS: Call astral bodies down from the sky, smiting your foes. Projectiles fall across the screen randomly, but only deal damage to enemies. The following projectiles are used:

Proj. Name Proj. ID Level Number Damage
Fallen Star 12 0 1+2x 13+4x^2
Starfury 9 0 2+3x 8+3x^2
Super Star Cannon 728 2 3+2x 50+9x^2
Star Veil 725 2 4+3x 35+6x^2
Lunar Flare 645 4 5+2x 100+10x^2
Star Wrath 503 4 10+3x 81+12x^2

All levels simply increase the damage of already existing projectiles. All projectiles are retained from previous levels.

Universal Cooldown: 30 seconds, decreasing by 2 seconds every level-up

I like this idea, but I feel like there should be a bit of a drawback to the SS ability, such as the player taking a % of their maximum health as damage. Maybe it starts at 2%, going up by 2% each time you level up.

7 Likes

Well the majority of the projectiles only work in open spaces, so the SS ability is near useless underground.
Maybe a long cooldown?

5 Likes

I see your point… A long cooldown would be a good alternative to actual damage. Maybe a longer cooldown in exchange for it doing more damage, since that way it is still a useful ability.

7 Likes

thats what I was thinking, the sheer amount of AOE, infinite piercing, and otherwise special, high damage projectiles should make it useful.
WW should be useful for mass-tank or to break through walls of enemies to revive a group of people or something, short burst of energy then minor cooldown afterward with decreased stats.

6 Likes

That makes sense. Those buffs would certainly be a very nice thing to have in critical moments. And the debuffs balance it out just right, in my opinion. None of the debuffs directly harm the player, just making it very difficult for them to fight during them.

6 Likes

oh god I just realized how insane the two would be in unison, or in succession.
Super god power, then rain stuff. Repeat.
Maybe one universal cooldown, like telek?

6 Likes

That’s probably a better idea… I can just imagine someone being an angel of death, constantly destroying everything.

5 Likes

other i didnt understand 4 real

4 Likes

mine is better named and not pure airstrike tho

5 Likes

How many projectiles? Seeing as there are multiple per level, how many of each projectile? Do they get separate damage calculations (to account for things like SSC double-hitting and infinitely piercing, LF going through blocks and having AoE, etc) or all the same damage?

Additionally, does this mean projectiles from previous levels are retained? As in, at level 3 you can fire all the projectiles listed? Or does levelling up the ability phase out prior levels’ projectiles completely?

5 Likes

Sorry for not being very clear on the SS ability.

I’m not sure what’s best, honestly. should put the numbers up there, then you and others can let me know if it’s balanced or not.

All projectiles are retained.

5 Likes

also I love how no ability suggestions so far have been approved D:

4 Likes

i dont like that

and by airstrike i meant my failed attempt cuz of proj cant be modified to noclip blocks.

4 Likes

yep ik
who honestly thought that anyway lul, ofc you cant modify penentration of projectiles
thats basically reworking the projectile’s entire code, thats modding

4 Likes

aww only 3 votes, i was hoping this would actually get accepted

4 Likes

What’s the number in the table?

6 Likes

Ability suggestions are as fine as others but at the same time I’m not really focused on abilities(idk about Rofle), so it’s highly unlikely complex abilities will be implemented

6 Likes

number of that specific projectile

4 Likes

ah, that explains why my army of ability ideas havent been accepted

4 Likes