Ability idea: Battle Medic

Everytime you revive someone, you get a damage and speed buff, with increased critical chance for 12 seconds, downside here is that you will get less money from the player you revive, kind of like you are paying for the buffs after you revive someone

After round 8, the ability will upgrade and give you a “stimpack” that you can active, when you press WW, it will heal 15% of your health, and will be on cooldown for 1 minute and 30 seconds after use, alternatively you can press SS while reviving and revive someone instantly, as a reward for using it on teammate revival, you get the average score amount you would get on normal revival, and the buffs you get for reviving get slightly increased to 20 seconds

this really depends on other players dying consistently and often, which really only comes into play for a public server with many inexperienced players
its usefulness scales with player amount and incompetence, otherwise it’s hard to justify the price increase from having an active ability even with the “stimpack”

4 Likes

I mean, shaman is really player depended, and requires people existing and not dead

3 Likes

When I hear battle/combat medic, I would assume it’d be less centered around personal buffs as opposed to team buffs.

Rather than the user getting damage, speed, and crit buffs for reviving someone, I think it makes more sense from a logical standpoint for that to be granted via the stimpack. Likewise, instead of the stimpack healing you, it should damage you in return for those buffs, as “doping” generally leads to adverse side effects one way or another. This could likely be opted out for some debuff somewhere.

As for reviving someone, I think it’d be interesting to have an ability that heals someone to full upon revive, rather than the normal that is half. You could also justify tossing a buff or two upon revive as well for later upgrades to the ability.

4 Likes

I never really thought about a ability, that is just steroids, yet again, i think that getting bonus for reviving is a great reason to revive in the first place, however, if using a stimpack is just so the person can get buffs, might kill you in the process, the buffs exist for a reason, so that you dont die

Edit: i do think reviving someone to full would be great, but adding buffs would be overkill

3 Likes

I do not believe we can change this easily. Closest thing is 10% from Wrath buff

Upgrades must be in multiples of 3 + 1, i.e. 4, 7, 10, 13.

4 Likes

is it because a boss spawns on those rounds, and also yes, it will probaly be the wrath buff, 10% more crits is already good since it is a 1/10 chance for more damage

3 Likes

yeah i think the battle medic suffers from it mostly helping yourself.

the only boss that spawns on Round x3+1 is the Lihzhard boss, and thats just coincidence

3 Likes

i gotta be honest, i think there is a way to make this more for team players, just when will it turn into shaman, but for player buffs, if you and the teammate got buffs, it would be busted, if you are able to speed revive someone, just for them to die, atleast you got buffs, but if the ability is supposed to give a revived teammate buffs, how sure can you be the teammate is gonna use those buffs well, what if you die and he dies right after?

3 Likes

maybe they get more invincibility?

3 Likes