[Accepted] A68's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link
dark-gaming.com/ban/1932

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I thought I’ve been doing my job. The build was bad, left alone for almost two weeks, even not half-finished. I removed it so doesn’t take up precious space on the surface. I meant no harm.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
From my point of view it wasn’t fair, but well, you don’t get banned without a reason. Sorry…

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Because I’d like to return to my role I appreciate, to the community I adore and to the server which I think is among the best and which I’m attached to.

The server needs staff that can be online almost every day and I am online almost every day. I think I’ve been doing my job decently. Since I joined last autumn, I’ve been paying attention so the rules are followed, reporting severe violations. Eventually when I felt more and more attached to DG, I wanted to affect it even more and promotion to Staff Assistant was a great chance for that. I took it and later - already as a Moderator - I’ve build the new V5 spawn (with the help of Punisher). One of my many duties is also taking care of griefers. That day I’ve been checking the surface for griefs, found that shack and ended up like this… Well, for sure I will pay more attention and think more deeply regarding my actions and their results.

ps. sorry for my English

2 Likes

My apologies for interjecting, but A68 makes a fair point. It is an unspoken rule that any building left alone for too long will be removed without warning. He was just doing his job as a moderator and removing it to open space for a fresh build.

2 Likes

I’m with Leonytus on this one. You can’t ban a moderator for doing his job.

2 Likes

Please do not speak about rules that do not exist Leo and Moonlight, this is the reason he is banned and is the reason that such behaviour should not continue, as it is corrupting our users knowledge of the rules and the role of our staff.

The Mirror world is a place for building, even if you do not like what is built, you cannot destroy it. Its end goal is to be full. And when that happens we put it back to template (how it was before anyone started building) and it can continue. Modifications to RegionFlags can enable Day Regions, so that people can build underground, but see it as over-ground, with the background, and it as day. When we put it back to template, old buildings can be imported in limited numbers to avoid rebuilding, and suddenly more space is available.

You cannot destroy anything, and certainly not based on an opinion. It is our users privilege to build, and it is our staffs job to preserve what is built.

Finally, we get onto the opinion that it was unfair that you were banned. So I’m going to ask you to read over the rules, identify the exact rule(s) that you broke before we will continue.

2 Likes

I understand, I can’t destroy structures based on my opinion.

I’ve broke Section 2, points 1 & 3.

2 Likes

Ok. But we’re not finished here. It is apparent through your actions that you are carrying out tasks based on things either that you have misinterpreted or that you learnt from somewhere else. I need to know why you thought that going around the world, looking for insignificant/bad/waste of space structures was actually part of your role.

Also you put the wrong Section. It is S2, and not S2#3 either. Just S2#1.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah, S2#1 & #2.

I simply thought that I’m allowed to do it (in case of structures you mentioned) and thought that it is good.

2 Likes

A Staff Member’s role, for Assistant and Moderator is to enforce the rules. That is it.

2 Likes

Ok. It does include checking for griefs & fixing them, yes?

2 Likes

Yes. Apart of enforcing the no grief rule is using history. Which negates the damage.

2 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

Well at least, unlike some other people who get banned while in a position to do so, you have made an appeal, and it is very much expected (just look at pretty much every ban appeal on this site), you thought it was unfair. It also shows that you do have some people here who will side with you over the person that has crafted, improved and held together everything, even while having no knowledge of what staff entitles here themselves. You are hitting a high point in your position, and I will never avoid banning someone just because I know them, or they are a Staff Member. The only actions that go against the rules will be individual, planned out and necessary. It will never be any persons common task to break them, such as destroying others people’s structures.

Therefore, in future, if you are to do something, make sure you have some text that says you can do it (by me), if it goes against the rules.

Unbanned.

2 Likes