1.2.4.1 PvP Gamemode + Gamemode Suggestion!

So, this is both a general introduction, and a suggestion thread for new gamemodes!

First thing I should go over is the 1.2.4.1 PvP Gamemode!
So as a lot of you know, I’ve been building an arena from 1.2.4.1 that Kauldar and Kronos built (credits to them for the original), and with some help from Auravei and Lord Avery, we’ve reworked it into a bit better of an arena.

That being said, this is mostly for duels, as most of these should be. 1.2.4.1 is more fun while dueling imo.
Like zombies, it would be preferable if the users could create their own maps for this gamemode, but I’m not in charge of that.

So the rules for this are simple;

1. You cannot use anything from any update above 1.2.4.1!
    This includes the 6th accessory, Wings, potions, and mounts! (both Mechanical Cart and actual mounts)

2. You cannot use RoD or Magic Mirror! (or any of its variants)
    This isn’t just me whining this time. Using these items in a duel is a serious scumbag thing to do. In an FFA situation it’s a bit more forgivable, but in a 1v1 duel, you should always be as courteous as possible!

3. You should avoid unlegit prefixes!
    This one is a bit more optional, but like the 2nd one, this is more of a courteous thing.
    However, this has more logical sense to it, as with unlegit prefixes it’s easy to instantly melt opponents with an unreal paladin’s hammer (alongside 6 access) As such, keep paladin’s hammer to ruthless, and keep the armor clean! Keep ammo unprefixed as well if possible! Of course if the opponent is alright with it, you can always still use it, but once again, it’s just more fun and more fair to avoid using it.

4. Lastly, all normal rules for PvP!
    This includes things like /buildmode and /godmode, as well as things like double accessory, and other exploits or things not possible via a normal client!

[u]NOTE:[/u]
This gamemode has not been officially confirmed yet, nor has it been setup fully. It will likely be transfered over to teh gamemodes dimension, but as of writing this, it has not been.
If any other rules come to mind, I’ll be sure to write them down here.

Now then, the other part of this thread was for other gamemodes!
So far I’ve received a number of ideas, but not many seem to be good.
So here are the best so far!

Gun Game
Yes, the classic from CoD is considerable for a gamemode for Terraria! If you dont know what it is, here’s the basics of it:
“Gun Game is a game mode where you work your way through a series of weapons by scoring kills. Players usually start with a smaller weapon, like a handgun, and once a player scores a kill, they are immediately upgraded to a different gun.”
I personally like this one a lot, and Avery and I have already got the idea for the weapons to cycle through, but this isn’t official, nor are we sure if we’re going to go through with it

Sumo
The basic idea is to place to players on top of a tower and give them some kind of melee weapon that deals minimal damage, and the objective is to push the other player off of the tower and make them fall to their death! That’s really all we’ve thought of, but I thought it sounded interesting. This could also be done with two spaced out towers with guns instead!

One in the Chamber
Another gamemode from CoD, this one takes the idea that you only have one bullet, but it only takes one bullet to kill.
After you get one kill with the gun, (presuming you do) you’d recieve another bullet! But what if you miss? Well, the user would also recieve some form of melee capability, and if they were to get a kill, that’d result in 2 more bullets. I think this one works well, but I’m not sure how to pull it off.

Spleef
I’m sure a majority of you have already heard of this, so I shouldn’t need to explain it, but just in case, I’ll explain it anyways. The general idea is that you all spawn on top of one, or multiple platforms made of some form of easily breakable block. The objective is to break the block beneath the opponent in order to make them fall down. If you fall down enough, or off the side of the platform, you die, or are eliminated. How this gets setup is up to the users.

If there are any other gamemodes, be sure to write them down below! Even if it’s just a wierd terrible thought, write it down, as it could easily inspire another persons idea that could become the next big thing!

1 Like

Don’t lose spirit for imagination of Gametypes; the more information you have, the less I have to make up as I make them. The issue I’ve always had (and I have this issue to consider with everything I make) is if people will be using it. Gamemodes has seen little use since it was first made (apart from zombies but that’s because I made a bigger deal out of it since it was the only gamemode to be solo-playable).

Right now the only boulder in the way of the Gamemodes evolution is the re-working of the files that govern the rules. Up until now they’ve been mangled together which has made adding new ones harder, so now requires an effort to unmangle and separate to allow future changes to be made more swiftly, at the cost of boring copy-pasting and fixing errors until such deed is done.

2 Likes

I personally LOVE the idea of Spleef. I have built and properly tested a prototype arena on /main, and I would appreciate if some of the Staff members could check it out ;3;

1 Like

Honestly these are all great ideas, I hope Rofle implements these.

1 Like

I remember when Rofle would get a bunch of people together to play CTG on a seperate server. Add that in as well maybe? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also in 1.2, Rofle made a gamemode where it was corruption vs hallow. You had the corrupted water and holy water items and you had to get these sand “markers” turned into your team’s affiliation. (I didnt get to play during those times but they seemed fun)

1 Like

The only minigame I remember being in was the mini-PVP race thing in 1.2
At the time I sucked at PVP so people mostly ignored me (including Rofle and A68 who were masters at the time)
Sucks to be them, I won the race :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What about Who’s The Killer? 1 player gets Psycho knife and invis pots, then you have to be the last man standing

1 Like

That seems like a who can survive the longest. A real whos the killer is sorta like one person is bad, who no one but them knows, and they have to try to solo out people and kill them before the good ones can kill the bad person.

1 Like

Okay new Idea that I’ve seriously been yearning for.
[u][i]Hide and Seek [/u][/i]
Everyone knows what Hide and Seek is, but how do we do it in Terraria?
Well, the idea I had is that we ‘release’ a bunch of players with some sort of cloaking device (probably vortex armor, as that still allows slow movement and is the most visible) into a big enclosed arena (as in an arena with a border) and we give them a set amount of time to hide. Then once that time expires, someone with some strong weapon enters the arena and has to track down and find all the players (and kill them with said weapon) before time runs out! Since we can manipulate health, it wouldn’t be hard to make it so the hiders have like 100 health so we can give the seeker some short range strong weapon (like Psycho Knife, The Horseman’s Blade, Keybrand, Obsidian Swordfish, Sluggish Bubble Gun, etc, etc). Of course we’d need people to create an arena specifically designed for this, which woudl be a pain since nobody knows what kind of arena would work the best. There are other things about this to be discussed, but I’ll talk that over with a few others in private and see what we come up with. Tell me if you think this idea is a good one!

1 Like

Hide and Seek has to be one of my favorite games I’ve ever known. And the arena should be a dark themed one, so that the vortex partial transparency can be harder to be seen. Some structures with water would make the vortex transparency be totally invisible, I know that because when pvp was in the same dimension with main, there were fountains where I could hide and snipe people, they would never be able to see me.
So, I would ask:
Can I help you with building, Blanc?

1 Like

Well we’ve already made up our mind what arena we’re making, and we don’t really NEED help. It all comes down to wether Auravei, and Alien are on enough to keep progress on this arena pushing forward at a steady rate while still keeping it looking nice.

1 Like

pls cn rzor hlp to?

1 Like

That is a nice building, but more is better than less.

1 Like