Stage One Proposal For Custom Mob Waves

You mean they submit a different collection than the official one, but for the same official event?

10 Likes

Yes, that’s where the review part comes in, other map creators (or a possible tester group) could review that and give their thoughts on it

8 Likes

Would it be better for one :
Maps start out with the default collection of enemies but when modified in any way, scraps the default collection and only accepts mobs made by the player (the current idea)

Or two :
Maps start out with the default collection of enemies so you can modify and build off of it, but if you want to start fresh you’d have to delete every mob in the round (the new idea)

To help the second idea, what if there were two new commands :

• /clear
    Clears the round selected.

• /clearwave [wave]
    Clears a wave in a round.

I personally think two would work.

7 Likes

A combination of the two. Maps would start with the default collection(you can build off it). You can use a command to create a new one or to copy another map’s collection.
/[CMD] use uses another map’s collection
/[CMD] new creates a new collection
/[CMD] copy creates a new collection with the mobs of the specified collection

clear commands also sound good

6 Likes

What if it was just the use sub command instead of use and copy, and that inserts another maps collection into your map so you can build of it?

7 Likes

Wdym? That is part of the subcommand. I just put [CMD] because I’m not sure what to name it

6 Likes

Wdym? I don’t think I know what a sub command is anymore. What I meant was, what if the “copy” function was deleted and the “use” function just inserted the other map’s collection which you can build off of.

Oh yeah also I think /zcollection or /zcoll could work

8 Likes

I made them separate commands just to save space, I guess

8 Likes

you could also make it so you can replace a mod for one or more waves and not just all mobs for the hole map for example the boss on wave 13 lets say you wanted the paladin to be replace but not every single paladin as this would make wave 20 get effected you could use a lay out as this

replace mob name with mob name {stats you want to give} [round number the mobs will spawn]

that way you can make it so wave 13 paladin will be changes and not every single mob of that type

7 Likes

Erm… Isn’t this already how mod and delete functions? You specify the mob’s name or ID along with its wave. IMO it could use Mob Entry IDs as opposed to the Mob ID to prevent conflicts when there are multiples of the same mob in a wave

8 Likes

well i didnt know but i do now lmfao

7 Likes

Since this has been adjusted enough, what am I supposed to specify in the Stage 2 Proposal?

Also why can’t I edit the post to add in the mob entry ID thing?

5 Likes

I suppose you gather collective input and put it into a long post still worth asking @popstarfreas

5 Likes

I changed the specification a bit on Stage 2. For this to move forward now, someone from the dev team (me or @Tejdxa ) would need to champion a stage 2 proposal and talk about the more technical implementation details and make sure there’s nothing left to discuss. The person that does so, is then expected to be assigned to the task of implementing it. This is because it didn’t make sense to have @InjectuousPotato do it since they probably cannot add anything extra from what is in Stage 1.

Hopefully that provides a clear path forward.

6 Likes

Actually, there are a few things I’d like to add, since I can’t edit the stage one proposal because it’s been over a month. If you want, I can just list them here.

Edit : Nice

5 Likes

I turned it into a Wiki post, does that help?

6 Likes

Yes.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

5 Likes

I’ll start writing the Stage 2 now

5 Likes

Is this still being developed?

4 Likes

I suggest you stop necroposting on all of these suggestions, but this is indeed being worked on.

Look at the tag, stage-1.

Also, suggestions might be implemented or turned down without any notice.

For example: Shorten /lobby ts [name] (amount) was recently implemented in staging lobbies -along with all other /lobby ... commands being shortened-.

4 Likes