my problem was fixed
Although your client does not “deviate game functionality from the original Terraria,” you should probably join the server with a vanilla client.
Do you have Terraria on Steam?
You can either verify the integrity of your files or delete and redownload it.
There are multiple reasons why Terraria won’t launch, the best advice I can give is:
- Display/Resolution Issues
- Pin Terraria to the Taskbar
- Launch Terraria from there
- Wait till Terraria launches
- DO NOT move or click on anything else while waiting
- Run Terraria in administrator
- Run Terraria in Win7 compatibility mode
Unfortunately, there are many issues because of how Terraria launches. They’re hard to pin point because they’re dependent on time, and your GPU/hardware configuration
I tried both, but thankfully the game is working again. I’ll close this tread now.