Close ban appeals only if they have been accepted or denied and not after a specific timespan

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Ban appeals closure time

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Close ban appeals only if it got accepted or denied

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
This is because due to getting the server 1.4.4 ready the mods have less time and it makes that people don’t have to look as often to their ban appeals to prevent closure. Mostly it is because the appealant’s banner is inactive that the ban appeal closes.

[Anything else you would like to note]
This can also make the people more patient because the stress “my ban appeal will close” will be less.

I like it.

7 Likes

The banned player can just bump their ban appeal before it gets automatically closed by the system. With that, its sure that the banned player is still active and willing to get unbanned from the server.

7 Likes

I think the primary concern with the majority of bans that close is not whether or not the appeal maker is active but whether or not the one handling the appeal is. Not everyone knows the bans close automatically, and more often than not, the staff member is the reason it closes due to inactivity, not the appealee.

8 Likes

If possible we could remove the closure or only close the appeal if #accepted /#denied tags are there.

5 Likes

Seems like a nice idea; most appeals get closed because there is no active moderator there.

5 Likes

That would cause way too much clutter in ban appeals.

5 Likes

Both happens. When an appellee becomes inactive and when a staff becomes inactive/(or probably something else). No idea which occurs more often though.

Like this one

Toilet256 ban appeal continue - #3 by Anonymous

I Have Been Recently when i was only getting some items Please Resolve rhis issue or tell me which rule i break

The appellee became inactive.

And sometimes like this one. Both sides are active, appellee and the assigned staff but the content of the appeal isn’t correct… then… it just gets ignored until it gets corrected or bumped by the appellee. But this one got ignored in the end :xaa: . Wierd ban a few years ago - #4 by VoidFox2008

There are other reasons why it closes, but yeah(?) more on the staff side.

Oh, I’m just showing examples here.

5 Likes