Dark Gaming's PvP META

If you have negative defense, you’d theoretically get damaged more per hit.

\text{net damage}=\text{attack damage}-(\text{defense}\times\text{x})

In Master Mode, x = 1. If you wear the Empty Bucket, then the formula would look something like this:

\text{net damage}=\text{attack damage}+1
5 Likes

Yeah I feel like a ton of my buffs are unneccessary, but I’m not entirely sure which ones

No crits in DG right?

6 Likes

Luck and Critical Strike Chance are irrelevant in DG PvP.

7 Likes

And at this point i realize it? My built is about criticals…

6 Likes

okay i’m gonna update this since it’s gonna take quite a while for chests to be added

updated

6 Likes

bruh phoenix blaster is better than handgun now lol

6 Likes

Doesn’t the Handgun have a higher dps because its Use Time is shorter?

6 Likes

Yes, but Phoenix Blaster does more damage, so I think Skemor gets a better result.

5 Likes

It’s better if you can consistently hit most shots, similar to how Revolver is superior to Sniper.

6 Likes

the thing with handgun and phoenix blaster is that the usetime differences are very small but that damage difference is by a margin, wouldn’t that mean phoenix blaster is stronger

6 Likes

The Phoenix Blaster is objectively stronger than the Handgun damage-wise, however, in terms of DPS, it’s only better if you consistently hit your shots. Since you can shoot more with the Handgun in a smaller interval of time, you’re more likely to get more hits and have a higher DPS in place of doing 15 less damage than the Phoenix Blaster.

The Revolver does less damage than the Sniper, but it has a significantly lower Use Time. The only reason why players do not use it is because it does not have a scope.

In 1.3, more players used the Marrow than the Stake Launcher and the Ice Bow. The Marrow did the least amount of damage but had the highest Use Time.

The Laser Rifle and the Shadowbeam Staff do more damage than the Heat Ray, but they both have less Use Time than the it; more players use the Heat Ray.

6 Likes

In mage, wouldn’t you use Avenger emblem over Destroyer emblem? crit chance is null in pvp and you’d gain nothing from using it.

6 Likes

The Guide is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it. (In-fact, I’ve formatted most of it.)

At the moment, I don’t feel like fixing this, but anyone can replace the Destroyer Emblem with the Avenger Emblem.

6 Likes

that’s because avenger emblem is already listed in general accessories

6 Likes

I find it particularly funny to know that I’ve glossed over this, because I was the one who made that chart.

Not only that, but upon observing that the Avenger Emblem was listed in all of the charts for the all of the different classes, I was the one who explicitly removed the Avenger Emblem and other accessories from those charts to save space.

6 Likes

Just wondering, how were these empty armor sprites found/created?

5 Likes

in the Terraria Fandom Wiki.

5 Likes

Permission to edit the tables to contain more specific information that either isn’t included in the table (e.g. extra regeneration armors having specific HP/s listed) or edit some item descriptions to not just be their vanilla tooltips (e.g. Info for Soaring Insignia)?

7 Likes

Go ahead, it’s not a problem for me

7 Likes

Now that I think about it, the venom staff is actually good in pvp, despite bing not not reccomended.

5 Likes