XxSlayerxX's PvP Sets

As you all know, I love pvp and I’ve been wanting to share my pvp sets for feedback to see if I can improve in pvp. So, here they are and enjoy!

[colour=blue]“Tempest”[/colour]

• Full menacing spooky armor
  • Two menacing Hercules beetles
  • One menacing papyrus scarab
  • One menacing mana flower or One menacing Master ninja gear (to dash/charge)
  • One Menacing Hoverboard
    The idea of this set is to use the Tempest staff and use it as the staff of frost hydra. Because the tempests follows you, you can also charge up to nearby players and inflect a lot of damage. This is currently my main pvp setup, and I’m trying to find a way to improve it.

[colour=green]“JackHammer”[/colour]

• Warding chlorophyte mask
  • Warding beetle shell
  • Warding beetle leggings
  • Two warding Paladin’s shield
  • One warding Celestial stone
  • One warding Fishron/Hoverboard
  • One warding moon/sun stone
    The idea of the set is to spam paladin’s hammer with a bulky 130+ def. I normally use this set for my melee character, yet after playing SSC a lot I became horrible using this character. It would be nice to use this set again.

[colour=red]“Vampire”[/colour]

• Full menacing Spectre armor (must be hood)
  • Two menacing celestial emblems
  • One menacing sorcerer emblem
  • One menacing Fishron/hoverboard
  • One menacing mana flower
    The idea of “vampire” is to use bubble gun and drain the enemies life. I know what your thinking, spectre hood sucks but not for the vampire! You guys should try this, because it kills! literally!

[colour=black]“SharpShooter”[/colour]
-Full menacing shroomtie armor (mask)

• Two menacing ranger emblems
  • One menacing sniper scope
  • One menacing destroyer emblem
  • One menacing avenger emblem
    The “sharpshooter” can one hit kill anyone with 500 or less hp. Its a 67% chance to kill people, but you must be shroom-charged, and must be using wrath and rage potions. You can switch the destroyer emblem for a fishron/hoverboard for mobility. Mainly use rod of discord to move around.

So these are my four main classes I use, and I hope you guys could help me expand my pvp knowledge, and use these sets to beat me and others. And it would be awesome if you guys can give me feedback on these sets, because I may be posting more sets that focus on stuff like melee defence, speed, dmg, etc. So thanks for reading this thread and I hope you can learn off this! Thanks!!

1 Like

Here’s your bump. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the tempest:
Warning: Players without the rod of discord may rage-quit.
Also, I find that the blizzard staff works well in that camp position. Keep in mind that the tempest staff could be banned for the same reasons that the staff of the frost hydra was (potentially unfair pvp advantage).

For the jackhammer:
Don’t forget that you can’t equip two of one accessory simultaneously.

For the vampire:
Don’t forget a magic power potion and mana regeneration potion.

For the sharpshooter: (I have more experience using a ranged character than a mage/melee/summoner.)

I don’t think you can equip two ranger emblems.

The highest damage I’ve been able to get with the sniper rifle (using the modded Shroomite armor provided on the server) is 451 with a wrath potion, the well fed buff, and shroomite stealth mode, along with 45 damage with ruthless venom bullets, so I occasionally 1-shot players with 500 hp when RNG is favorable (but not those with 600 via lifeforce).

My bullet setup:
Menacing shroomite armor +mask
Menacing hoverboard (Replace with a menacing destroyer emblem if you can live without flight & fast horizontal movement. This brings the sniper rifle to 468 damage, and venom bullets to 47. [Also with a wrath potion, well fed buff, and shroomite stealth])
Menacing ranger emblem
Menacing sniper scope
Menacing celestial stone
Menacing avenger emblem

Unfortunately, there are no critical hits in pvp, so rage potions are not helpful. :frowning:

I also recommend wearing familiar clothes over your armor, so invisibility potions still work. However, some accessories (notably shields) will still show up.

1 Like

Important:
You can equip 2 accessories by first having 2 of the same accessories. In this example, I will use ranger emblem. First off, you put one ranger emblem in your 2nd social slot, and have the other in your inv. Right click the one in your inv then the one in your social slot. Kaa-bam! You can equip two of the same accessories. I give all the credit to Tiln for discovering this method.
I also like to say almost all pvpers use buff potions. As you can see, I’m crazy with them, and I expect everyone have these basic buff potions.

Also if ya want me to prove the 1-hit kill method, ill be willing to try it one you. Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

You can credit me for spreading the multiple-accessory method on Dark Gaming, I credit ApBeryl with their credit on Gamepedia for spreading the method to Gamepedia.

1 Like

Thank you for showing me how to use two of the same accessory.

Yes, the buff potions are quite an obvious thing to have around, however rage potions are not useful in pvp, as there are no critical hits. (And don’t forget to have pumpkin pies, regeneration potions, and swiftness potions.) Although they’re a pain to restock :p. Maybe a sign command to automate the /i [potion name] would be helpful, since the /buff command received more restrictions some time ago (although most people don’t have the permissions to make such a sign.)

Sorry, but I’m still somewhat skeptical about getting consistent (or 67% chance) 1-hit kills on any player with 500 max hp. Next time we’re both online you can show me.

1 Like

Sorry tiln… But yea I can show ya test! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i had a house built at your farm spot at one point, but some admins said it was too close to the spawn and made me remove it… qq

1 Like

Thank you for the tips, Slayer and TestCharacter… Heheheh…
Here is my setup:
[All Menacing]
Sniper Scope
Ranger Emblem
Fishron Wings
[Either top secret or I forgot]
[Ditto]

I prefer to do ranged attacks but I have a Death Sickle and Terra Blade at my disposal.
(Well, technically, not “disposal” 'cause weapons don’t break in Ye Olde Terraria)
Also I recommend a backup Razorblade Typhoon for finishing off/weakening foes.

For ranged weapons Recommend a Sniper Rifle SDMG, and a Stake launcher.
Ranger is an underrated class

You can equip 2 accessories by first having 2 of the same accessories. In this example, I will use ranger emblem. First off, you put one ranger emblem in your 2nd social slot, and have the other in your inv. Right click the one in your inv then the one in your social slot. Kaa-bam! You can equip two of the same accessories. I give all the credit to Tiln for discovering this method.

Thank you for posting that, 'twas very useful!

1 Like

Always remember, the best way to attack a camping sniper is to rush them with a rapid chain gun and ruthless party bullets.

One does not simply aim when there is confetti everywhere.

1 Like

unless your genericusername, then you’ll just spam terrablade down the hallway with no intent on hitting anyone.

1 Like

[colour=black]MrSandwich…[/colour]
Genericuser is “TestCharacter”. He only uses guns and bows. He is a ranger, well, that’s what I think. :stuck_out_tongue:

[colour=red]Chaindeath…[/colour]

[quote=Chaindeath]Here is my setup:
[All Menacing]
Sniper Scope
Ranger Emblem
Fishron Wings [/quote]
Its better to ether use 2 ranger emblems and sniper scope. All rangers need the extra damage. (Or else you will be doing 1-30 dmg on the “JackHammer” build up)… So for example, you can set 2 ranger emblems, sniper scope, fishron wings, and another accessory. Also, death sickle is only good when you have high melee speed because it increases the range. Just like paladin’s hammer, possessed hatchet, etc.

[colour=blue]Testcharacter…[/colour]
I proved to you that the “sharpshooter” build up does 1 hit kill. Its normally does around 490 dmg, but sometimes raises up to 500-560. Also, you told me that you want mobility, so simply just take out destroyer emblem and add in a hoverboard/fishron wings. It wont have a 67% to one hit kill, (maybe like a 20-30% chance) but your base bullet damage will be powerful if you use ruthless exploding, venom, or ichor bullets. Not sure about party. :stuck_out_tongue:
Side Note: Party bullets are indeed good in pvp because it distracts the defending player well. BUT you might be kicked from “Item spam”

1 Like

Actually this forum account is for both TestCharacter/GenericUsername. GenericUsername was my legit character that I’m now using with a melee setup. (Now I see why the terra blade is so popular.)

1 Like

Your sets look interessting… I’ll show you mine:

“Antasma”

Accessoires:
-Menacing Celestial Stone
-Menacing Fishron Wings
-Menacing Lightning Boots
-Menacing Ankh Shield
-Menacing Master Ninja Gear

Armor:
-Menacing Beetle Helmet
-Menacing Beetle Scale Mail
-Menacing Beetle Leggings

Weapons:
-Legendary Terra Blade
-Rod of Discord
-Unreal Paladin’s Hammer
-Unreal Scourge of the Corruptor
-Legendary Death Sickle
-Mythical Blizzard Staff
-Unreal S.M.D.G
-Unreal Sniper Rifle
-30 Greater Healing Potions
-99 Super Mana Potions

The Idea of this set is to KILL! Try it out by your own and you dont want to pvp without it! Deal Dmg. with the Terra Blade and if the want to flee kill them with your blizzard. If you die then teleport yourself with the RoD to an enemy and deal some damage. If you are hurt teleport yourself with the RoD out and drink a potion. This set is verry effective for pvp pros, new players shouldnt use it. It requires a minimum of skill!

1 Like

^^^^^Hey XxSlayerxX up there I posted:

[All Menacing]
Sniper Scope
Ranger Emblem
Fishron Wings
[Either top secret or I forgot]
[Ditto]

:open_mouth: I did forget! :stuck_out_tongue:
Pretty sure they are a few Emblems

Antasma, for the sake of PvP, you should do menacing Frostsparkboots boots- Just more mobility on ice :confused:

1 Like

[quote=Chaindeath]Antasma, for the sake of PvP, you should do menacing Frostsparkboots boots- Just more mobility on ice :confused:
[/quote]
First of all, if you want to be really good at pvp, never use any kind of boots. Ether use hoverboard (for speed) or use master ninja gear (to dash while flying). Also ant, if your going to be a melee, take of those boots (as I said before) and add in a menacing warrior emblem…(+19%dmg) Remember, the more dmg you do, the faster you can knock out the enemy.

1 Like

I see now why Nemesis and Terrance aren’t fond of the terra blade. It deals like 150 a hit and with violent setup kills too quickly.
Sorry if i was a bit rude Test. :U

1 Like

I can create a set that does 200+ tsunami dmg and300+ dmg pulse bow. I’ll post it here if u want

1 Like

This combo works for me, i dont think i will change it but thx for the tip. Its an allrounder set, it pushes the melee dmg and the ranged dmg. you can flee fast even without the hover board.

1 Like

Yeah, but extra mobility on ice is +

Just A Tip: you can specialize in something, but it is good to have a few other-classed weapons

1 Like

In my opinion, you don’t need frostspark because you can dash with the master ninja gear, and that’s good enough for retreating.

1 Like