Why do newer maps tend to be 'bloated'?

Newer maps tend to be significantly bigger than other maps, so much so that 12 players is barely enough to enjoy it properly. Newer maps also tend to have more classes than older ones. I think we should start building maps that are smaller and have up to two classes.

4 Likes
  1. I dont see what is the problem with
  1. Become map builder and make whatever u want
  2. Hell storage is relatively new map that doesnt fall to any of those criteria
4 Likes

The issue is that they’re not as enjoyable and typically also have more zombies per round, making them more tedious to play. Multiple classes also makes things rather chaotic.
I’m working on a map rn.

4 Likes

this feels directed at me lol

(overall I sort of agree, fiery crags could have been a bit smaller and still had the same spirit)

5 Likes

yeah entire action is taking place in like most central half of map lmaaao

5 Likes

Yeah, and in bigger maps, enemies tend to go farther away, making you have to go after them rather than the other way around.

5 Likes

Maybe you are right, however, watching your previous experience with map building “Mini” i recommend as first map to simply do it without any twists

Also i think it is caused by way too good weaps instead of map size

5 Likes

Maybe you are right, however, watching your previous experience with map building “Mini” i recommend as first map to simply do it without any twists

It’s still pending so I’m building a different map right now. This is how part of it looks like:

Also i think it is caused by way too good weaps instead of map size

True. Newer maps tend to be easier than older ones, especially with their summon classes.

5 Likes

Just bump it. You cannot have 2 open map submissions at same time.
Also, need help with building?

5 Likes

Just bump it. You cannot have 2 open map submissions at same time.

Alright, I’ll do that. Thanks.

Also, need help with building?

I’m not intending on making it complicated or really beautiful, so I’m fine with building it alone. Thanks a lot, though.

5 Likes