Voted but did not receive XP

Okay so I have been voting for Dark-Gaming for quite some time now , I realized that most of the time after voting I did not receive the 10,000 XP that the server said it would. Be it by voting for DG or the other one I still don’t get it.
I am sure that quite a number of members already reported this bug , but none of them made a thread about it and it was never resolved. I’ve also checked like a dozen times that I entered the correct name .

PS: Isn’t ATSP another server? Why are we voting for them anyway? I just don’t seem to get it ._.

1 Like

Hm, I’ll have to check it out. Usually it should be a maximum of 2 minutes after voting that visiting your inventory will reward you with the XP.
A.T.S.P is another server, but I know the owner ‘Yama’ who like me has crafted their own website, and has a better goal and server than some of the top ones on that list who are greedy and will stop at nothing to stay there. A.T.S.P was also Rank 40 before, of which most of the servers above were offline, empty, under-maintained etc. I just wanted people to vote to raise A.T.S.P to the position it should be in.

Edit: Fixed voting

1 Like

This may not be the best spot to post this, but, are we as the whole of DG linked with any other servers??? If not, are we going to merge with ATSP??

1 Like

No. A.T.S.P and Dark Gaming are separate entities. When it comes to servers in Terraria’s Multiplayer Market, it’s possible that some kind of ‘alliance’ is made between servers in order to benefit each other. Yama, the owner of A.T.S.P, has experience in providing an SSC server, whereas we have experience in providing a non-SSC server. This allows us to exchange information based on each others experiences. However, such an exchange cannot happen if A.T.S.P does not stay alive and does not keep itself nearer the top end.

1 Like

Have you ever thought of merging with another server?? And also, we do have a decent amount of experience with SSC, since we did have an old SSC server. Have you ever had the offer to merge with another server since we are in the top 5 of the Terraria servers list? ( at least last time I checked )

1 Like

I don’t think you understanding what merging is. Merging is the worst idea for a non-SSC and SSC server. We do not have any SSC experience. Just setting a server up with SSC is not enough. There are people who cheat in items using modified clients which requires checking upon, there are different expectations from a non-SSC player and an SSC player, and an SSC server would more than likely need to offer a lot server-side to keep players from getting bored which could be similar to a non-SSC server. Last time I changed our server to SSC (not for legitimacy, but to prevent people from joining just for the items) it turned out as a bad idea and so I went back to non-SSC. If we were to make an SSC server, I would most likely create a new venture under our name.

1 Like