Useless Threads

*Before I begin the thread, I’m not trying to make people who have been told this to feel bad. Just addressing everyone.

I’ve noticed many, many useless threads recently and I wanted to explain why you shouldn’t do it, and address everyone in a thread. So, useless threads have not purpose. They usually are a message to a person that can change something. It doesn’t need to be discussed with the entire forum. Also, other threads that may be more important (yes I understand you can find them elsewhere) so that other people can’t see them (again I’m aware of alerts just some people are lazy). Also, (this may or may not be an issue) but they may take up space. Just like useless comments on a thread.

All in all, I’d just like to address the community and tell everyone to not make useless threads for the reasons above ^,

*Also to those that might want to be a smart-alack and want to say that this was a useless thread, this was an important thread and it was needed.

2 Likes

I also would like to adress that posts like “ok” and “cool” or “BUMP!” are basically spam. [quote=popstarfreas]Obviously it seems alot of you are ignorant of a Forum’s general rules. If you submit a post that does either of the following:

• Does not contain very many words
  • Does not add to the threads discussion
    [/quote]
    SPAM!!!
    Also if you are atill unclear please read these two informative posts right here —> Read 1 Read 2!
    I am also getting tired of warning people about useless threads and posts so dont do it!
    EDIT: Thanks Legoman/chenaley :smiley:
2 Likes

But there are off-topic threads for people to post on if they wish.

2 Likes

Yes there are off topic threads, but people are posting this for matters that are not in off topic, but do not need to be in a thread.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you are saying.

2 Likes

Ok so. Some threads are off topic. But do not need to go so far as to make a thread about it. It could be resolved in as little as a pm. And not a whole community has to answer a question one person can.

2 Likes