Time Issues With Registering

I tried to register, but it says I have to wait for a specified amount of time. The problem is, I joined the server 2 days ago, and so I have to wait for less than 2 days (1 day 24 hours something something) in order to join. Today, I thought I can register now but it doesn’t. Instead, the time has reset. That means that it’s back to square one, literally. It’s 1 day, 24 hours again thing again.

On a side note, I’m slightly worried that I must have had registered already and I may not be able to login as soon as the register cooldown is over due to me likely forgetting my password.

6 Likes

Actually its not a register cooldown. It’s a selected amount of time you need to be playing on the server to join. If it serves me correct, if this time isn’t fully expired, it resets. So not to fear! All you need to do is play on the server a bit more! Hope this helps!

5 Likes

It appears the Rift server restarted, in that case we can’t really do much sorry. Also you don’t have to be playing, you can be doing something else while waiting

6 Likes

No time actually reset , i kept trying to register
everyday for about 3 months until it actually worked

5 Likes

Well, I repeated the process. That is, I was playing. and trying to register. As usual, there’s that cooldown for registering so I just need to play a bit more and wait as well. But unfortunately, when the cooldown said 9 hours till register, and it was night time so I had to wait till the next day to register, the timer reset. Is that unusual?

4 Likes

Hi! I finally was able to ‘register’, the cooldown is gone. But turns out my username was already registered by someone (it was actually me, I did register quite some time ago). So the other option was to log in, but I couldn’t remember my password. I wish to change it again, to something more memorable for me. Could you point me to staff member or anyone who can help me with this process? Thanks!

Edited:
@Tejdxa I see you are a leader, or at least, the official staff member of this forum and presumably the server. Can you help me out with this if it’s possible?

3 Likes

Message @staff for a password reset

4 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully it works!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.