Stop resettting Shamans progress

It’s very annoying when progress is reset at the end of the round. The hard work placed into gathering hp is ruined after every round. In my opinion, it ruins the the full potential of the ability. For instance, very few are willing to wait till the end for more hp. Either they dont understand or dont listen. Keep in mind, I want the hp bar to increase after every round, but not disturb current progress.

I can understand the frustration, but I think the idea is for people to be forced to wait if they want to get the full potential of the ability. Otherwise, Shaman would just be a class that allows everyone to get tons of health, no real strategy needed.

6 Likes

M8, it does not matter when it is round 16. Everyone dies regardless or how skilled one is

6 Likes

Also, no one listens to waiting.

6 Likes

I’ve been sitting here for a few minutes, trying to figure out how to phrase this, making draft after draft before discarding it, so I think I’m just going to say it.

1. If everyone dies on round 16, regardless of ability or skill, does this change matter?
  2. I have been in a lot of games where people do listen to waiting. And we made it past round 16 in several of those games.

My point is, this change would make round 16 much easier to beat, which I’m not entirely sure is a good thing. And if Shaman gets a buff, do all the other abilities get buffed too? It seems a little bit unfair to me that only Shaman gets buffed.

In the end though, I’m not a mod, so I’m not the one you need to convince.

6 Likes

ive met games like that too. However about 90% of the time, considering how many people are in the game. Not everyone listens. If one person does not care/doesnt read the message, it ruins the others that DO Listen. Also shaman is different, in this case. It is impacted by others not just yourself. For example, barrage is impacted by one person. Shaman is impacted by, how many people there are, how many people listen, and how many that come for hp. In a way, shaman in a team ability. Not a solo ability such as barrage or dual wield.

5 Likes

You definitely have a point. Shaman is a team ability, in a manner of speaking. And one person can ruin it.
I’m no longer against this change, but I don’t think I’m convinced enough to throw a vote at it.

5 Likes

BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA!!
oh wait that wasnt a joke…?

randoms are honestly dumb sometimes anyways, it doesnt matter if there’s shaman present. Unless you want dg to genetically engineer smarter race of humans, staff can’t do much about that.

I think that’s the gist of why this won’t get accepted. Shaman can’t just be ‘oh dang haha i am healing 100 hp per second for everybody around me with zero effort’. That’s way too op.

4 Likes

I assume you mean when the round ends, regardless if you upgraded HP, the progress would stay? In that scenario Shaman would become insanely overpowered because most of the numbers are adjusted for how Shaman currently works. Sure, you can adjust the numbers, but you have to remember that healing works based off the current stored HP, so you’re looking at consistent OP healing at round 10. At this point, you should just completely rework shaman instead of trying to fiddle more things around

These two statements indirectly contradict each other. You believe that Shaman is a team ability in a way(it’s a team ability though regardless), but the situation you’re describing is the exact opposite of a coordinated team. I don’t see why Shaman – a team ability – would need to be changed to compensate for lack of teamwork

There’s two problems with this line of thinking:

1. Stripped down to its meaning, it essentially says, “Only extreme pros can do [Extremely Hard Thing]”. You’re basically stating a fact and then following it with a proposal that has little to no effect on said fact. I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove with this statement
  2. Getting to round 16 isn’t hard, Planning & Teamwork is hard. If you have the right team and the right strategy you can get to round 16 very easily
7 Likes

Either way, I already had plans to look into two similar features before this suggestion:

1. Some healing would stick around rather than completely disappear after each round
  2. If you didn’t upgrade HP, then the required HP would be lowered next round

I wouldn’t say they’ll make it into the game, but just exploring them

8 Likes

i suggest smth else: if u haven’t sham before round ends, % of collected hp immediatly goes as lesser hp upgrade

yes i am bad at explaining

better show 2 examples

!Showed numbers are not like in-game!

Sham progress: 160/200; hp that it should give when fully done - 50
u collected 80% of shaman progress, but round ends. So u gave everyone nearby:
hp that it should give when fully done * % of sham progress
50*80%=40 hp
so u gave everyone nearby 40 hp

Another example
Sham progress: 180/450, hp that it should give when fully done - 143
% of sham progress - 40%
143*40%=57
so u gave everyone nearby 57 hp

3 Likes

nop. like half of the maps easily beatable on hardcore to round 16.

5 Likes

keep in mind. I still want the hp bar to INCREASE each round. But your currect progress to stay the same

3 Likes

easily? hardcore? Half the maps? M8 that sounds really stupid. You need sentry for that and a good setup. here my discord is Aevilious#3400 Lets play a round and see how far we get

3 Likes

That’s not what i meant. Btw common man, ive played with you before. ive been playing for 3 years i have a bit of XP

3 Likes

I’m going to respond to this again, since I tend to agree with those people against it, and clear some things up.

Despite this, the problem isn’t with the amount of max health; shaman also heals nearby people, with the level of healing depending on how much health is in the hp bar. This means that, under your plan, if people didn’t use the health upgrade, everyone around them would have massive amounts of healing at all times.

See above: with your changes, people around the shaman might start getting upwards of 50 hp/sec.

Also, this is just personal preference, but could you quote what you are replying to? (If you don’t know how to quote, highlight a line, and click “Quote” above it)

4 Likes

eh nvm, its clear the old shaman system wont come back.

3 Likes

I don’t have any experience with the new Shaman ability yet but I can see how it looks like from what I was reading in this topic and I definitely prefer the old and classic Shaman.

4 Likes

erm dude… r16 is ez even without sentry
you only need sentry if you want to do it on hc or rapid or shadow’s descent

limitless shaman is still insanely unbalanced regardless of who suggested it. I dont remember your exp on dg being necessary to the convo…

first off, i aint a man, im technically still a kid. Second off, why common…? my personality and list of mental disorders isnt common by any definition lmfao. If it’s about my skill level, well… feel free to DM me on forums and ask for my list of achievements and accomplishments lmao. Psure that aint common either.

Also, I hate to join you in the ‘unnecessary insults’ bar, but your gameplay in zombies isnt exactly fitting to somebody who has played dg zombies for 3 years. Just a note.

Anywho, this went too personal too fast. Can we just keep this on topic?

3 Likes

I’d like to know what that was.

3 Likes