[Resolved] Player Report: Vec

Player hacks in pvp and used Red’s Armor which Is clearly banned in this server. His follower “Caedis” explained that Dev patch and Hacks are allowed here. Well, there not and will never be. I saw him fly through walls, yet people don’t trust me. Over the years, I played 396 hours of terraria, and I was a helper until I resigned. Nevertheless, these people keep fighting over “Red’s armor is allowed”, “Its ok to have because you can get it”. I saw ban. Rofle is on atm, but afk. Therefore, I need to create this thread.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126687634/screenshots Evidence is not the best, but should be a bit helpful.

1 Like

we do not yet know that vec is hacking or has downloaded a hack and if he does have developers wings so what.

1 Like

If he can fly through walls and have dev armor, we almost certainly know he has hacks Kronos.

1 Like

Pardon me, this is Vec speaking. In my defense I’d like to say that I had no idea that patches and modded clients were not allowed on the server because I wasn’t completely aware of the rules. I hadn’t looked for the rules before, but I had assumed they were almost universal things such as certain weapons like the coin gun being banned. So I didn’t assume a modded client would be banned because I was allowed to equip Red’s wings without being warned by the server itself that they were banned. I know that the wings are not banned in order to catch those who modify their clients, but isn’t there some way to warn people completely of the server’s rules instead of having to ban them because they overlooked the act of checking a server’s rules? After all the rules aren’t, as hinted before, pushed to my attention when I first log into the server. And to clarify, my friend Caedis was not claiming that hacks were allowed. He simply didn’t think that I had been using Red’s wings and assumed that Slayer was only trying to cause trouble. I’m sorry about this mess, but could there possibly be some way to warn newcomers to the server about the rules more immediately? That would be a lot more helpful than banning someone by catching them off-guard with a rule they did not know about.

1 Like

rubberduckyfoxtrot a hack is a recoding of a certain file but if they were hacks vec would have had to code it himself but if he did have hacks he would most likely downloaded loaded them I am not trying to be smart or prove you wrong but I am a coder myself.

1 Like

Vec, Terrance PERSONALY showed you the URL for the thread of Dev Patchs, and rules. All you did is ignore him and pretended we didn’t tell you. You ignored Eonzz, Zeus(Jesus) and me, and yet continued to play “Innocent” Lol tough luck hacker

1 Like

Well I know what the patches are and where to get one, the rules on the terraria-server list stated nothing about banned armors other than mass grief items. I’m not going to call myself an innocent because i did use red’s wings. However this was because the rules aren’t clearly stated nor are the red wings banned on the server. XxSlayerxX please stop harassing me like i’m not a person, I merely want to defend myself in this case. Also it is almost impossible to maintain a conversation over a server chat box so I merely missed all the URLs. Again i’m still hoping for a chance to be tried equally without any information tampered with. The chat logs don’t lie and most of my argument was there. Oh and to add on, chatting in a public chat box isn’t a personal message considering all our chatting at the time.

1 Like

Alright this is Caedis, the “follower” of Vec as Slayer so “politely” mentioned. Now, there’s clearly been a misunderstanding. Vec isn’t a hacker, I can tell you that much. You don’t need to be a hacker to use a dev patch, which is what he did. He didn’t know the server had a rule against modified clients because he only expected items to be banned. He didn’t check the rules because he assumed items were the only banned thing. And he didn’t pay attention to any links or URLs displayed during that whole nasty argument because he was upset about how Red’s Wings were not “banned” items yet they were items you could be banned for using. Now, I noticed someone said Red’s Wings can be put in the vanity slot, saying that was allowed, but don’t they cause debuffs like that anyway? Another thing, the rules weren’t brought to Vec’s attention so he only went with his own assumption of what they were. And the rule about modified clients being immediately ban-worthy is a bit strict if there’s no way for anyone to be warned about it since the rule itself states there will be no warning. Along with that it isn’t required to read the rules to enter the server. So why not just give Vec a chance and add some sort of plug-in or so that tells people that modified clients are BANNED without letting them “learn” that themselves through trial and error, because the consequence of learning that through trial and error is a ban.

I will admit, Vec was being very narrow-minded, but that’s because he was genuinely upset with how there was NO warning about modified clients. Sure he would probably know hacking is not allowed, but a modified client that allows dev items to be used doesn’t seem much like hacking to begin with. Now I’ll ask, can anything be done to avoid this kind of misunderstanding from happening again? Like maybe have reading the rules a necessity to do anything on the server? I’ve seen another server do such a thing where you had to agree to the rules.

1 Like

slayer how many warning did you give vec

1 Like

KRONOS, Me(Hirochi), Eonzz, XxSlayerxX and some other players that I forgot kept warning Vec. He won’t stop using it and kept saying the same answer

1 Like

Ok well,

[quote=popstarfreas] Section 4 - Hacking/Exploits

Hacked Clients

All types of modified clients, including modifications such as Gameiki and the so called “dev patch” are not allowed. People will not be warned if they’re found to be using one and instead will be banned.
[/quote] Well that pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately he was using a modded client (no, not hacking) and so in theory this person should be banned. I vote that he/she should be banned. [quote=Dinnersaur]the rules aren’t clearly stated[/quote] My apologies but they are clearly stated here. Obviously it is a possibility that this is your first time reading the rules but you have in fact broken one.
I would like to hear some other staff member’s opinion on this if possible.

1 Like

The one thing that I must point out again is that “Vec” had only assumed the rules banned items and hacks, not modded clients. And if he had cooperated with the mods, what could he have done to right his wrongs? Using a modded client is an immediate ban according to the rules. Really I’d prefer there be some way to make the rules a necessity to read instead of leaving it up to the players to try and find them.

1 Like

No. Just no. If you’re stupid enough not to read the rules which on every tshock server is available at “/rules” then it is your fault. We are not responsible for the ignorance of players. If you chose to go around wearing red’s wings before reading any of the rules you are choosing to take that chance not us, not anyone else. And if you clearly look in the forum you’ll find a ban appeal’s section.

1 Like