Remove the TL3 silence timer requirement, AND replace silences with temporary suspensions in more severe cases

Remove the silence requirement for the third trust level of the Dark Gaming forums. Half a year is way too long, and you can get regular in under two months. (Some users might have been active enough to become a regular, but fails to meet the silence requirement, e.g., me)

• Also, make silences a softer version of suspensions. Keep the TL3 requirement for suspension timers, but use suspensions for more severe cases (1+ week duration)

• For those who don’t know the difference between being silenced and being suspended, a silence reason is not shown to the public, and you can login to your account, but you cannot post anything (e.g. @extremenpc ) while a suspension is shown to the public and you cannot login to your account (e.g. @terrablade)

me too… I fully agree with this, if alts were allowed, it would me much faster to create new acc to get regular there. Also make this

• Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

also like 5 flags per year, so if person gets 6 of them, they dont get softlocked from regular entirely

i was unsilenced may 14th; but am pretty sure i have 5 flags confirmed so no regular for me

7 Likes

i am pretty sure you have to suggest that on discourse tho

7 Likes

There are settings on this forum that allows you to change the silence timer and other TL3 settings on these specific forums.
You might also be falling short on liking which is a regular requirement; you usually need to like around 50-200 posts per 100 days minimum to get regular.

6 Likes

ye i remember this one, but i think it got removed

6 Likes

id say this makes sense. someone can change from good to bad in way less then 6 months, especially seeing that 2468 is one of the most active members of this here forums

5 Likes

you had a typo there:
that would be bad, good to bad is bad
it is bad to good

5 Likes

oops, my bad

6 Likes