Re-Administrator Application/SSC Server

Since I’ve been inactive on the forums as well as the server and also since the SSC Server’s development, it got me thinking. I made my announcement I’m coming back and planning to be way more active and that is a promise I’ll stand by. But, since I’ve been active, I (in a way) want to prove myself again. So, I’m going to make another application for the Administrator position. Also, as I said with the SSC server I want to “manage it”. I’m not going to be owner just yet, but I’ll manage it and get used to Tshock under the wing of Popstarfreas. Keep in mind, I’m not resigning my manager position, I’m not going to be, this is purely in the idea of “proving myself” again. Thank you.

P.S. This will be treated as any other application, I will remain manager during the time it is up, but if this application is denied, I will be demoted of my Manager position.

[Q1] Why would you like to be an Admin?

I would like to be an Administrator for the reason I am personally fit to the position and that I would like to contribute more and help and support the many members in the Dark-Gaming community. I demonstrate a clear head in all or most of the situations I have to face. I like to lead and have done it before in previous positions on this server. I believe I can be beneficial to the server if I become an Admin because with these traits and with the guidance of the other great staff on this server, another efficient and hardworking Administrator will be added to the server. Administrators must have many different abilities, like being able to teach, being able to deal with frustration in an effective manner, and being connected to his members of the server’s community. I have taught before as I have demonstrated in my position as Manager of Training/Mods, and Manager of Helpers. Any staff member must not lose his temper they must conceal it or not even apply it at all in their staff affairs. So, as people have seen I’ve demonstrated this attribute in my career as a staff member. Administrator is a role played by people who truly are trusted by the community, and not only that but love the community. It is also a role played by people who can handle power and leadership and not make superiors regret their decision. Also it is a role played by those who genuinely care for the welfare of the community and the people in it and strive to protect it as much as they possibly can. I can tell you now that I can and will play those roles. This is why I would like to be made an Admin.

[Q2] At present, what would you rate your effectiveness as a staff member out of 10? (Include your activity, appropriate bans, warnings, positive responses and other related things into account)

The number for this question would be an eight. This is because I am a good staff member, I do my job, and I’m good at it. But, I do admit I’m not perfect and could do things better but nonetheless the things that I could do better aren’t very problematic resulting in an eight. Keep in mind, I’m not like those who would rate themselves at a high number in the idea of giving themselves a higher chance, I was truthful, and admitted I could do better but am good at what I do. Effectiveness in a staff member is very important and it determines the level of trust everyone puts into that certain person. I ban at appropriate times, following protocol, but also being fair but at the same time not being in any way biased. I also try when I can to give as much necessary positive/negative feedback on applications, ban appeals, and regular posts. For these reasons, because of my effectiveness I would give myself and 8 because I know I can do what I do well, but I’m not perfect, but I can try to be.

[Q3] If another staff member was trolling/annoying someone or a group of people in such a way that could be deemed inappropriate, what would you do?

First, if you are a staff member and you are doing any part of this it is unacceptable and should not be tolerated at all. Which it would be dealt with accordingly. First they would be warned (by me) and any other staff member equal+ to me. Then, if continued a report will then be made which will include, evidence which is in the correct form using [img] displaying the picture, and witnesses and my account of the incident. Upon or while the report is in effect the staff member will be watched, if the alleged action occurs again the staff member will be dealt with accordingly. This will be determined on the magnitude of the incident, say if they were banning people the staff member would be banned also. Since I am currently a manager my verdict would be put more heavily than others, the way I demonstrated was the proper way if a lower staff member was doing it. Since I’m a manager I would warn them, still collect evidence, and get appropriate authorities there such as Rofl. But instead of time consuming reports that would have to be made to get attention of other staff, I would be there. But in the Administrator position, the report, evidence, grabbing, staff, and warnings would all be followed.

[Q4] If you were asked to watch over the server for 5 days, with almost all permissions granted, how would you do it?

If you were to undertake this important responsibility you must understand how to properly do it. A staff member should never abuse his commands or take his/her position lightly. They were given that position because they were observed to be a mature individual who can handle that kind of power. You must act that way. I would manage as I would any other time as a staff member. The commands I am given would not be used for any ill purpose. Additional commands would be used in a mature manner and for the health and welfare of the server. The staff members would be managed in the way as they should. I would run it in the way it is normally run. The server would be in mature, capable hands. Also being a Manager I have had experience watching the server and am trusted with it by rofl.

[Q5] What would you do in the following situation (Include detail as to each point you’d address)?
2 members and 2 Moderators are arguing. The members claim that both Moderators have been annoying them for reasons which cannot be proven and such have reason to believe that they have done nothing wrong but are still being punished for it. One of the Moderators is telling one of the members to ‘shut up’ and is muting them mid-argument. The other is spewing casual responses such as ‘yea’ and ‘I agree’. Meanwhile the other member is trying to get his point across to no avail. The Moderators claim that these members have been breaking some rules. Including: Using CAPS on one of his messages, swearing at them and griefing. The Moderators say they haven’t yet checked if they’d griefed but some people were reporting them to have.

I would first halt the conversation and go back and investigate the first claim of the Moderators annoying the members and go back and check the logs and gather witnesses. Then go on from there according to whom is the culprit. I would then remind each that a heated conversation involves anger and not thinking. Then the moderator who is telling the member to shut up would be reminded he has no right to make fun of/be mean to the member and ‘shut up’ is categorized as just that and muting them is just furthering the argument and making this go on longer, and it is also an abuse of commands if the member is not doing anything against chat rules. After the first abuse of commands start both Moderators would be reminded by me that they have commands given to them because they were chosen because their superiors thought they could handle it so they should act like they can and they should be able too. The other Moderator who is ‘spewing casual responses’ would be reminded also that he has a job to enforce the rules, and just because another is there doesn’t mean he gets a vacation, and that he should step in there and get involved and maybe add some of his input in the situation. Again after the accusation of the members abusing chat rules I would halt the conversation to continue my investigation and go back to check the chat logs. Then according to if they broke the rules or not I would either talk to the mods about lying to me about the members, or enforce the rules to the members then go check on the alleged grief and do the same thing. If the grief and all the accusations were true, the evidence would be gathered, the members would be told where to go for a ban appeal and banned.

[Q6] Write a short paragraph explaining your experience at Dark Gaming and what you have learnt since you first joined.

I first joined when my friend Cheeseman (Spiralchicken) found this server after our other favorite server had to be shut down. So, he did what he does best and he found this server. We played it for awhile and realized it is a server that is like none other. It has great events, people, and staff (except a few…). So we stayed. Eventually I got interested in staff and talked to a staff member. I was slow at first, but I got it and I applied as soon as i can. I wanted to go for helper (which I didn’t get the application right the first time xD) but it wasn’t integrated yet. So, instead I applied for mod. A few weeks later I got mod and that sparked something. That spark led me through a great journey to where I am now. Through that journey I have gained many friends especially my best friend and colleague Chenaley and many other great, great people of this community who’s names are too numerous to mention. I have gained the trust of this community and I have learned many things. This community is the reason I’m here. Thank you Dark-Gaming.

-RDF

1 Like

I think you deserve admin BoB, you’ve improved with how frequently you’ve been online and have helped me solve and ban lots of ‘cases’.
You also have a good send of whats right and wrong and have a good sense of humor as well.
Good luck BoB, I support you!
+1

1 Like

dont know what to say but your a great admin +1

1 Like

+1 For your good application.

1 Like

great app BoB
+1

1 Like

[b] Gets my 1+ because…

1. He is friendly and a mature person.
  2. He is helpful and active.
  3. The ex-manager of the ssc server got banned and now we need another manager.
  4. He has proven that he’s worth of this position.
  5. He is BoB, that says everything! [/b]
1 Like

you get my +1 of course you were a great admin once

1 Like

I am going to give my critique as I would to any other person applying for this position.

The manner that this application has been worded is slightly odd. At times, you seem to talk colloquially and after that you revert to being formal. In addition to that, I have noticed that your punctuation is also somewhat odd.
However, you are one of the best staff members that currently works on this server and you do your job proficiently.
You are extremely helpful and friendly on the server, you know the commands and you also deserve this position. A +1 from me, good luck BoB.

1 Like

Thank you finally someone who critiques my app! Sorry for some of the wording, I wrote this in a time frame, so I wrote it rather quickly and had little time to revise.

Also thank you for thinking of this as any other app.

1 Like

[b]+1[/b] BoB deserves this. He is good at solving people’s problems (Witnessed it myself) always nice, never seen him rude to a person. He deserves Admin more than anyone I can think of, he’s always been a good Admin ever since I joined DG and I don’t want that to end ever. Good luck BoB. +1

1 Like

Okay so I haven’t seen/played in-game with you yet (from my knowledge) you seem like a very nice and helpful person, your application and very detailed to the point that I can already tell that you are very much looking forward to becoming administrator again. We need more admins anyway (mostly because of timezones and the fact that not many people get to experience having an admin online). You have put a LOT of effort in to this and I don’t have a single reason to deny my support for you so [colour=lime]+1[/colour]. Good luck with this!

1 Like

Cookies.

1 Like

Very True.

1 Like

And apparently that “spark” sent you flying through the universe in the Doctor’s Nyan Tardis! Sounds great! +1

1 Like

geez you did alot you will need the support… [colour=red] +1 [/colour]

1 Like

Wow, great job 1+

1 Like

[colour=pink]+1[/colour] This is pretty obvious! Your a friend I can trust and we been through a lot together. I hope this app gets accepted because I know your capable with anything, and you can be fun/mature whenever! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You write too much, +1 for that :smiley:
As the time you were more active (my beginning on the Dark Gaming) you done a great job,
you are deserved for the spot.

1 Like

you really are supportive +1

1 Like

Going to bump this so people can see it.

1 Like